Alternate Rank Advance Question

By OneHandClapping, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I apologize if this question has already come up; I couldnt find any info about it.

With normal Career Paths, there are certain advances that can be taken one or more times at each rank (for example, Scum have Sound Constitution available at least once at every rank).

But what about the Lathesmaster, an alternate rank for Scum? In the Lathesmaster Advances Table, it says that the Sound Constitution Talent "May be taken up to two times at this rank." Does "this rank" refer only to Rank 1 (meaning that you get Sound Constitution only two times for the entirety of the career path)? Or does that refer to EACH rank within the career path for the Lathesmaster (Dreg, Outcast, Outlaw, etc.)? Thanks ahead of time for your help.

But what about the Lathesmaster, an alternate rank for Scum? In the Lathesmaster Advances Table, it says that the Sound Constitution Talent "May be taken up to two times at this rank." Does "this rank" refer only to Rank 1 (meaning that you get Sound Constitution only two times for the entirety of the career path)? Or does that refer to EACH rank within the career path for the Lathesmaster (Dreg, Outcast, Outlaw, etc.)? Thanks ahead of time for your help.

This means that you can take Sound Constitution only 2 times at Rank 1. But you can continue to take not previously taken advances from Rank 1 during Rank 2, 3 etc.