new descent player

By mixykym, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

hi folks

just to say i picked a copy and all the expansions up recently and look forward to posting in this forum happy.gif

regards.

mike

Have fun with it. I'd recommend getting a set of storage boxes to help with organization and cleanup of all the pieces, it makes dealing with all the goodies in the box a lot easier.

Also set aside an afternoon to give it a test run with some friends, the first session or two is usually slow (but fun!).

And based on our play experiences, I'd recommend you have at least three Heroes, or have one or two people play two Heroes. The game gets way harder for the Hero players when they're down in numbers, if your Overlord is suitably ruthless.

Kell said:

Have fun with it. I'd recommend getting a set of storage boxes to help with organization and cleanup of all the pieces, it makes dealing with all the goodies in the box a lot easier.

which boxes do you use? i'm in search for suitable boxes to put all pieces together for transportation. at the moment i'm carrying the big box and 2 of the smaller boxes with me.

BigYogi said:

Kell said:

which boxes do you use? i'm in search for suitable boxes to put all pieces together for transportation. at the moment i'm carrying the big box and 2 of the smaller boxes with me.

Personally I have a series of modular plastic tackleboxes for all the tokens. Everything except the monsters fits well enough in the main box with these, the monsters are loose in one of the expansion boxes. (That will have to change as I paint them, still working on how.)

I use a number of sewing boxes, that can be picked up at any craft store. I use one of the expansion boxes for a monster minis and another expansion box for the board tiles. The RoL box holds all the unique RoL additions.

i'm in search for a bigger tool-box to put everything inside...no success so far...

Places like Hobby Lobby or Michael's will sell generic craft supply boxes that have adjustable size compartments. I have found that they work great for tokens and the like. Also, they usually fit inside the game boxes.

Oh by the way, I am really jealous that you own the game and all the expansions. I am trying to convice the boss...aka wife...that my son and I need to own the game instead of borrowing a friends.

I found a tackle box as Wal-Mart for $30 a few months ago that works great for everything except the larger creatures and map pieces (which I just stick in an expansion pack box).

Rajamic said:

I found a tackle box as Wal-Mart for $30 a few months ago that works great for everything except the larger creatures and map pieces (which I just stick in an expansion pack box).

do you have a picture of that box?