Rulebook Typo

By slabgar, in Android

I know it's minor, but there's a typo on page 33, first full line:

"If an event that affects and NPC ..." should end with "an NPC..."

I dunno if this is a typo or some character specific rule that I missed.

Excerpt from the final scoring example on page 38:

Rachel scores last. Adding up her tokens, she has one
Jinteki token (5 VP), two Haas tokens (4 VP each), one
conspiracy token (4 VP), two street favors (2 VP), and
one trauma (–1 VP). She also has two Captain Beckmann
favors, which count as street favors, giving her
another 2 VP,
for a total of 20 VP.
She receives no VP for her incorrect hunches, but she
receives 3 VP for her leftover money, bringing her to
23 VP.
Finally, looking at her plots, she receives 13 VP for her
two happy endings, and 2 final VP for her two unspent
Captain Beckmann favors
, giving her 38 VP total.
Even though she didn’t solve the murder, Rachel is the
winner!

Have Cpt. Beckmann favors been counted twice here? If yes, then Rachel should have only 36 VP, although she still wins the game.

NPC favors count for each category they fall in that scores points.

After re-reading it, I think it's a plot bonus. As Cpt. Beckmann is her father, there must be some back story element that gives the VP. Thanks for caring, anyway. gui%C3%B1o.gif

Page 26 has a typo. It is the last example of the page. It says he pays the card's "cost of 2 Twilight shifts." However, the card clearly has 3 as the cost. And the graphic example moving the token moves 3 shifts as well. So it should say 3 Twilight shifts instead.

And since we are counting grammar as well, there is an error on page 38. First column, last paragraph: it says "His guilty hunch are wrong." It obviously should be "is."

As this appears to be the only message thread about Typos, I want to report a few I saw. I haven't read through all the rules and cards yet but here are some:

GAME BOARD Area C8: "Mycroft Cemetary". Cemetery is not spelled that way! I think Stephen King's book PET SEMATARY has done its damage to spelling!

Also I though the bottom of p. 36 was a typo, since the Vinnie the Strangler example stopped, but I see it continues 2 pages further. So you need the usual italics warning about that, ( cont'd. on p. 39).

More thoughts to come!

MORE RULEBOOK TYPOS:

p.5 EVIDENCE TOKENS (illustration): "Suprise Witness" (Surprise)

p. 10 "5 Prepare Evidence Pool: Shuffle the evidence markers..." (evidence tokens)

p.15 CHANGING THE FIRST PLAYER: Refers back to "Getting a Jump on the Case" but that's p. 14, not p.13 as stated.

p. 20 PLACING EVIDENCE: 1st paragraph, 12th line "the supect with the highest postive" (positive)

p.22 EXAMPLE OF REVEALING INFORMATION. The diagrams for puzzle pieces are showing the wrong sequence because they do not match the text. FIRST Raymond goes back to the left (from the Favor puzzle pieces to the Shift puzzle pieces, along with the markers for the 3 other detectives), THEN he gains a favor of his choice (the yellow Political Favor token) and THEN he turns over the puzzle to look for any special bonuses.

The layout is a little odd if you have an Example with diagrams on the page before the explanation of revealing information even starts.

p. 23 REVEALING INFORMATION, paragraph 5: "If all piles have been exhausted, all hero markers that were next to the piles of puzzle pieces are returned to the box..." Don't you just return these to their respective players, since they are all-purpose markers and there is no reason to limit their quantity or take them out of play?

p. 26 PLAYING TWILIGHT CARDS: 2nd example, the italicized text talks about 2 light shifts but the card actually has 3. [This errata was brought up by someone else before me]

p. 36 bottom: as I said before, It's a little jarring to end the page in the middle of a sentence and then have two full-page special sections with example diagrams. Please add in italics "continued on p. 39".

p. 48 INDEX: "Conspiracy" has a sub-line "Parts of, 21 (Diagram), 21" which seems redundant. You don't point out diagrams for any other kind of entry and both diagram and text are on the same page anyway.

(end of my list)