Forum Improvement Suggestions

By Gaius Iago Urbanus, in The FFG Website

I have two one suggestion s /request s that would massively improve my experience on these forums:

1) Can we get a "Go to first unread post" button that actually goes to the first unread post? Its current behavior seems to go either to the last post, or the first post on the next page. This 'functionality' is actively anti-helpful when trying to keep abreast of multiple threads that are of multiple (occasionally many) pages long.

2) Forum Organization.

Under the Roleplaying Games section there are 22 separate forums. Of these, 8 are for various Star Wars games, and 6 are various Warhammer 40k games. I know that many of the WH40k posters are interested in material from several or all of the 6, and I would imagine the same is true for the Star Wars games.

Navigating this can be a huge pain, especially as the "View New Content" options are subtractive rather than additive (filtering by forums and items I've posted in only looks for items I've posted in in the forums that it filters by. This means that I have to either deselect and then reselect the forums I am primarily interested in to actually see all the threads I've posted in (which are occasionally in different sub-forums). Or, I can just use that for forum filtering, and then manually search through for my postings.

It seems to me that this could be alleviated by grouping all of the WH40k forums into a super-forum, maintaining the current sub-forums (and doing the same for Star Wars).

While this post is selfishly motivated, I expect that many other users would find that these two suggestion s (if implemented) would significantly improve their experience.

Thanks!

Edited by Gaius Iago Urbanus

Don't know what is up with your "first unread post" issue, it works exactly right for me every time (as long as I haven't hit "mark this forum read" in another window before I click the little box).

Huh, thanks for letting me know. I guess that I need to dig into my browser settings. So scratch the first suggestion/request, but I think the second still stands.