Exciting news

By Hastur, in Warhammer: Invasion The Card Game

The cards look beautiful. I can't wait to get my hands on some of them.

Hastur said:

The cards look beautiful. I can't wait to get my hands on some of them.

Yup! The gameplay is fantastic and the cards look fantastic. Can't wait to get this one for real!

Oooh, where did you find out about the gameplay? I'd love to see how it works. The cards and the idea for it look sweet. Hope the art (overall) is of high-caliber throughout the Core Set. :)

Can't wait for this to be released.

I just wish it were a team game. 2 forces of order vs. 2 forces of destruction would be cool...

Sorry, I've started a new thread with the same topic ... yeah, I agree about the multy/team player option ... who knows, maybe the game is flexible enough to allow for such stuff. Reading about the gameplay, so far I can't see why it wouldn't work. Though a free-for-all multiplayer might become a gang-up, so teamplay probably holds more potential. We'll see when the rules are available. And some previews, can't wait for those.

Wytefang said:

Oooh, where did you find out about the gameplay? I'd love to see how it works. The cards and the idea for it look sweet. Hope the art (overall) is of high-caliber throughout the Core Set. :)

Can't wait for this to be released.

-------------------

I managed to get a little sneak preview.

It's quite easy to learn the game rules, but managing all the resources and balancing how you built your capitol is quite a challenge.

I like the 'RTS' feel of the game; Even if you would use the same deck all the time, you'll be given a lot of freedom on how to play the cards and where to develop whole different strategies.

So, yeah. I'm not that into Warhammer in general, but this game felt pretty tasty to me.

Lucas Blackwolf said:

Sorry, I've started a new thread with the same topic ... yeah, I agree about the multy/team player option ... who knows, maybe the game is flexible enough to allow for such stuff. Reading about the gameplay, so far I can't see why it wouldn't work. Though a free-for-all multiplayer might become a gang-up, so teamplay probably holds more potential. We'll see when the rules are available. And some previews, can't wait for those.

Multiplayer should be entirely feasable, but you probably need multiple sets to have enough cards for enough fully fleshed-out decks.

Art looks beautiful. The colours are maybe slightly too vibrant for my idea of the old world, but I can swallow that if the overall quality of the art remains high. And I really like the different card design; having at least one border open gives the cards a much less "confined" feeling and less to distract from the art itself. I also like how the frames are unconventional (their form and how they are positioned just where they need to be) and how more than half of the available space is given to the art.

One thing that appears strange are the print-borders; are they absent because these are just digitally rendered pictures of cards or do you think we should expect a total lack of them? Sleeving my cards (although in the cheapest transparent sleeves) I hope for the later.

The cards look amazing, and Eric Lang never disappoints (IMHO) on basic rules. I just hope they keep the feel of the world with the gameplay...something I have been a tad disappointed with in the last year on aGoT (although the set before that was amazing).

I was actually a pretty big Warcry fan. I enjoyed the extra layer of deckbuilding (the rolls), and they had some really fun cards. The factions felt like the factions for sure.

Yeah, it looks great.

Yeah, I want it, too.

I'm still saving up for Brood War, Innsmouth, Novogord, Middle Earth Quest, Chaos in the Old World...

Ohh, FFG. Please send money.

Hope the donĀ“t make any promos like they said about the other LCGs....

This is brilliant news!!!

There is so much potential in a WFB/WFRP LCG. One thing I hope they do (if not in the core set, then in upcoming supplements) is to add province or cult as keywords to Empire cards, fraction as keywords to Chaos cards, stronghold as keywords to Dwarf cards etc. (just as they do with banner houses in AGOT). When the game evolves in the future, it could be great to play Middenland with Middenheim as capital (vs. Reikland with Altdorf). There is just something very satisfying with collecting and constructing decks centered around subthemes.

Without knowing anything about the game mechanisms, it may potentially be great to expand the setting by including the building of major towns/strongholds/camps (like Delberz, Carroburg or Laurelorn Forest) in order to get even more 'RTS' feeling by introducing mechanisms for siege, pillaging and conquest.

Finally, there is of course also potential for introducing Kislev , Norsca , Bretonnia , Vampire /Undead , Skaven , Wood Elves ...

As long as we know so very little about the game, you are always allowed to hope and dream...

Allavandrel Fanmaris - Master of the Hunt