Open Private Motions

By Mattr0polis, in Warrior Knights

So I was looking through the rulebook again and saw the optional rule for open private motions, which seems much cooler than the restricted couple of options the normal private motions give you:

"Open Private Motions: More experienced players may allow for broader Private Motions. For example a Baron might propose to prohibit sieges or to prohibit all Nobles from using the roads. With this option, Private Motions are limited only to the player's ingenuity. The only restriction is that the Private Motions must still be voted on like any other Agenda."

I was just curious, what are some awesome Open Private Motions to try and do? The rule sounds like anything is possible if you can get it to pass in the Assembly, which is awesome. Anyone ever come up with some really awesome ones?

No one?

Well, here are some cool ones I found listed on BGG:

-Crown me King

-Cap maximum army size

-Ban travel by road

-Everyone can exchange x Crowns for some Influence

-Everyone can exchange Votes for Crowns

-Ban Sieging

~~

And some other cool ones I was thinking of:

-Ban all battles on a certain city or Baron

-Create a tax of x Crowns to travel by road, start battles, or use ports

-The assembly has a vote before every battle to see whether they allow it or not

-Ban the mercenary draft!

-Vote to burn down one of the bridges across the river, aka no travel across that spot

-Vote to kill a Noble and his heirs for a treacherous act he committed, aka permanently kill a Noble

-Vote to take all of a certain Baron's Crowns to divide up amongst the other Barons

~~

Any other cool ideas?

In the spirit of your idea of burning a bridge across the river, you could make a motion to build another one, or perhaps build a road through the mountains between a particular 2 hexes.

Another one could be "Ignore Wages Phase" which would mean you did not need to pay wages any longer.

The interesting thing about private motions is what to do if a Baron storms out of the Assembly, refusing to comply with it.

A better motion than Crown Me King, which only requires one Baron to refuse it to make it not game-ending, would be Transfer to Me All Your Cities & Influence, because then every Baron would have to refuse to prevent you from winning, and you could easily pass all remaining agendas in favor of yourself, although some might not be too useful if all other Barons are banned.

Those are some cool ideas! Though in our games it seems hard to be able to get more votes than all other players combined, so I doubt there will ever be an open private motion that gets passed that is real ridiculous, unless it somehow benefits multiple players, or you are able to payoff/bribe some of the others.

This game is so awesome though. It's quickly becoming one of my all-time favorites. I keep thinking of new open private motions, strategies to win, etc, etc.