Ship Decks in FFG's Future?

By WFPII, in Star Wars Roleplaying Specialization and Adversary Decks

Does FFG have any plans to create adversary decks for ships? The three character decks greatly help my GMing and allow me to create characters on the fly when needed. This all changes when it comes to space, as I have to pull out all the books to find the ship stats.

I guess no one could really answer this :)

How about what would y'all like to see if FFG created a deck full of ships?

Me personally: Basic Stats of each ship including weapons and key details, different ship decks for different occasions (like the scum and villany deck vs. rebel and imperial deck), quick reference of different sizes when creating adventures, also maybe cards that had each upgrade or attachment

I want to see cards for everything. Weapons, Mods, Ships, Ship Mods, Beasts. I don't know what the cost effectiveness of Print on Demand is, but if they created these I would buy them!

I would like to see ship decks based on the campaign setting. I like the adversary decks split the way they are not sure I would like ships split that way since each campaign setting has ships that more or less fit those settings, initially at least.

I would like them included like they used to do with sports cards with the pages of cards and perforations included with new books/editions of books.

They could just produce three more Decks with the same Citizens, Rebels and Imps, and Scum and Villainy with starships and vehicles with minions rivals and nemesis level pilots and I would scoop them up on day one. I use the adversary decks heavily for when my characters go off story and would spend my money on this over specialization decks any day of the week.

I like the idea of more cards, but wasting them on injuries annoys me.

I don't like the talent decks at all or the Career ones.

I absolutely love the adversary decks.

Give me ships

Give me more NPCs - Animals? Force Users? Whatever they want.

Gear would be nice. Armor/weapons/etc Those my Players would use.

Injuries? nobody wants a card for that.

I would love to see decks for all kinds of stuff. Weapons, Ships, add-ons for both, beasts, even planets and locations.

The possibilities are limitless, and quick reference cards make things much easier.

Ship cards let alone ground vehicle and even animal cards to back up the npc cards would be nice!

Any word when they'll be reissuing more of the first three npc decks since they seem to be out of print over here in the UK?

Decks please with a nice fat hexagon map, because that works awesome with he range bands and movement, the hexagons should be big enough for large ships from X-Wing and some ship tokens would be cool. :)

Does FFG have any plans to create adversary decks for ships? The three character decks greatly help my GMing and allow me to create characters on the fly when needed. This all changes when it comes to space, as I have to pull out all the books to find the ship stats.

magic-8ball.png

I want to see cards for everything. Weapons, Mods, Ships, Ship Mods, Beasts. I don't know what the cost effectiveness of Print on Demand is, but if they created these I would buy them!

Printing on demand is super cheap these days, you can print on demand whole paperback books for $10 or less on demand and still make a profit.

So yeah, give me ships, mods, beasts, weapons, everything. The old days of character sheets for npcs are over, embrace your equipment cards. ;-)

Printing on demand may be cheap, but you still have to commission artwork, design the layout, write the text, proofread and edit, send off for approval, redesign to the notes - and THEN you print on demand. Every one of those steps costs $$$.

FFG is just proofreading, but not really doing any editing :P

Besides, indeed that is the case. And we have already art works for most of everything in our 1350 pages of core rule books and tons of supplementals, layouts for the cards are already done, the text is already written as well for ... well everything that is in the books. Basically the whole step cost just $ per card and not triple digit amounts.

It not free, so there needs to be enough demand to justify the cost even when the costs are low, and guess what, FFG is publishing a lot of stuff on cards already and its around $5 to $10 for whole card packages. Suits me fine, even when personally I think that those talent cards for each spec are the least useful, but critical hits and adversaries and gear sound all fine to me and I am already throwing money on ffg for that anyway.

I would certainly buy ship decks and more adversary decks.
But first wish they would just re-print the ones they have done already!

I would certainly buy ship decks and more adversary decks.

But first wish they would just re-print the ones they have done already!

Indeed, it sounds like a waste to design those cards when they are unable to ship those in timely and reasonable fashion to stores.

I'd really like deck floorplans in addition to stats for ships. So, maybe not a deck of cards as much as a map pack.

I actually brought this up to one of the workers at Gen Con in 2016. An adversary deck of ships would be a great idea. Ships are placed in so many different books. When I need information for a ship on the fly, I lose valuable game time (and it breaks the flow of the adventure) when I try to look the information up. I would love a deck of ships.

On 3/3/2017 at 6:33 PM, DarthDQ said:

I actually brought this up to one of the workers at Gen Con in 2016. An adversary deck of ships would be a great idea. Ships are placed in so many different books. When I need information for a ship on the fly, I lose valuable game time (and it breaks the flow of the adventure) when I try to look the information up. I would love a deck of ships.

Especially if it included a stat line for the most likely pilots. IE TIE Fighter have a line for Imperial Pilot (minion) & Imperial Ace (Rival) that really only need ship related skill totals.