missions with multiple locations? and mission question

By KiiT2, in Anima: The Card Game

I picked up anima beyond good and evil from my local card shop this weekend, and my brother and I had played through, but I noticed that most of the missions list two locations, but my box only has 1 location listed, are the other locations in the base set, or are the boxes partially random?

if you want to complete a mission, is it instead of doing an encounter, and if not, and you choose the mission as a reward, you have to fight the creatures if the mission lists it right?

The two locations listed on the Mission cards are so that you can mix the locations from the Shadow of Omega with Beyond Good & Evil. If you just have Beyond Good & Evil, you only have to worry about the first location listed.

If you want to complete a Mission, you have to Explore the area (roll a die and then resolve the number of Encounters indicated on the card), and then choose the Mission as your Reward.

Hope this helped.

Critical Miss said:

The two locations listed on the Mission cards are so that you can mix the locations from the Shadow of Omega with Beyond Good & Evil. If you just have Beyond Good & Evil, you only have to worry about the first location listed.

It is necessary for when you combine the two Area Decks, otherwise you would spend twice as much time just finding the locations.

so you finish the encounter, choose the mission as the reward, then you do speed checks or fight a bunch of things that are listed on the mission right?

also on the final mission cards, we got "the last fragment" so after rolls the party had to last 2 turns and the party beat it twice, that would mean that group wins right.

For the crisis, it counts down as you search for the required location too right? Do you still fight the crisis even if you didn't manage to find the location?

kiit said:

so you finish the encounter, choose the mission as the reward, then you do speed checks or fight a bunch of things that are listed on the mission right?

also on the final mission cards, we got "the last fragment" so after rolls the party had to last 2 turns and the party beat it twice, that would mean that group wins right.

For the crisis, it counts down as you search for the required location too right? Do you still fight the crisis even if you didn't manage to find the location?

Yes Indeed. Finish the Encounter, choose the Mission, then fulfill whatever requirements are on the Mission card.

Yes, that would mean that party won. (As long as they fought him over 2 consecutive turns, not just fighting him twice during one turn.)

Yes, the Crisis counts down after every Encounter phase. If the timer counts down and the required location hasn't been found, everyone that has completed at least one Basic Mission has one chance to defeat the Crisis. (Also, the Final Mission usually comes up late in the game. I would suggest looking through the discard pile just to make sure it hasn't already been in play)

The other referred locations are from the Anima: Shadow of Omega. You can combine the advantage, encounter, character and land cards of both games. In Beyond Good and Evil it mentions a land from the SoO and BGaE so you have higher chances of completing the mission if you combine the land cards of both games. However you can not use the mission cards from SoO in a combined game because they do not mention a land from both game sets which makes them very hard to complete.

Usually how my friends and I play is we combine the advantage, character and encounter cards and only use the lands of one set so there is more variety but less land searching for completing missions. (we leave out cards that use certain lands as modifiers if that land is not in the set we are playing).