Page Background Graphics needed for Fan Supplement

By FangGrip, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

I am working on an idea that I would like to make more attractive to the eye. I have seen page /cover background templates and graphics previously pop up here and there for Fan Supplements.

Does anyone have a link or something they could e-mail to me please?

Here's the one I use. Blank Page

Here's a PDF of my MS Word template that I use for writing adventures or stories. As you can probably tell, I used Long Arm of the Hutt for a comparison when I created it :)

Here's a PDF of my MS Word template that I use for writing adventures or stories. As you can probably tell, I used Long Arm of the Hutt for a comparison when I created it :)

That's cool, but how do you get the text in it? How do you edit the stat block for example?

That's cool, but how do you get the text in it? How do you edit the stat block for example?

That's the PDF version (non-editable). He'd have to share the Word version (template) for you to make changes to it.

Ogg, I want to be like you when I grow up.

Could uh... could I get that template?

I also would love to have the template if that is acceptable? Oh great and powerful Ogg! *bows*

Give this ZIP file a shot. It contains the .doc file (Word 97-2003 format), and the three fonts I use that aren't standard in Windows: SF Distant Galaxy (Star Wars font), SWRPGIcons (all the dice and symbols), and Teuton. Let me know how it works for you!

Oh, and I want to see what you creative geniuses create with it :) So be sure to show us all of the cool stuff you write!

Oh, and I want to see what you creative geniuses create with it :) So be sure to show us all of the cool stuff you write!

Well, you know what I want to use it to make. :D And yes it will absolutely be posted for others once I get it up and running.

If you just want the backgrounds here is another zip file that contains two versions of each side (one with the millennium falcon icon and one without).

Give this ZIP file a shot. It contains the .doc file (Word 97-2003 format), and the three fonts I use that aren't standard in Windows: SF Distant Galaxy (Star Wars font), SWRPGIcons (all the dice and symbols), and Teuton. Let me know how it works for you!

I currently have a 12 page follow up to Dead in the Water and Arda I'll convert into the template and upload. :)

For the stat blocks, do you just use your GM tools to generate an image?

I currently have a 12 page follow up to Dead in the Water and Arda I'll convert into the template and upload. :)

Yeah. The brown background is included with the generator under "Sample Graphics". Of course, you can use your own background panel as well.

One trick in doing this: If, say, you use a background image that is primarily green, set the background color to the same green as well. It'll make the text look clearer. If you don't care about the clipped corners, or a fancy image, or whatever, you can just set the background and foreground colors and be done with it.

I would, I use it for my blog and it works great.

Also, for the tip block and narration block, just click either one and copy it, then paste the new one where you want it. You can adjust the sizes all you want. The block is actually a grouping of a square shape object with a background image and no line and fill colors, and a text box. I used the shape object because you can't group an image and a text box for some weird reason. Each type of block has its own style already defined, including the tip header style.

I kept the line of symbols at the top so I can just copy what I need and insert them wherever. It's easier than screwing around with the font and color every time. Also, the colored dice symbols are set as "Engraved". This gives them a bit of a border like the published books. If you have Word 2012, I believe you can modify the characters with "Text Effects" to add an actual black border, which would look better then Engraved. I have 2007, so the only way to make it look decent without using WordArt (which creates an object and not inline text) is to use the Engraved trick.

When you create a section in your text, be sure to use one of the defined header styles for the header text. Examples of each one are on the first page. If you look through one of the books or adventure PDFs, you'll see the various headers. They're about the same. You can also easily change the look of your document to match AoR or FaD by changing the header colors. One thing I didn't include, however, is an example table, so I'm afraid you're on your own if you want to include a table :) If it's an issue, I'll play around with it and add an example table.

Thank you every one. I went ahead and cleaned up some of the files. and made them into .png images. I thought you guys might like the results so I am linking them here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h3qpd9cjhrqknnd/EotE%20Pages.zip?dl=0

So what Fonts does everyone use?

OK, I have one question: how do I make something similar to this, but using OpenOffice?

As far as getting your supplement onto that template goes....

I use the blank page templates for some of my stuff. Print the page as a test, and be sure of its alignment going into the printer and coming out. Not hard to do; you just gotta mark the page. I printed off double sided, then printed one of my things onto it. On the cheap paper.

Then, on heavier, prettier, and more expensive paper, knowing the alignment needed and knowing I wouldn't screw it up, I printed for realzies.

Now, because it's on 80 weight and doesn't bleed through, I could scan all that back in and have a PDF with the background, and the text.

Much more complicated than I am sure Oggy does, but, if you wanted a physical copy anyways, it works pretty **** well for me.

If you have access to MS Office the Publisher program is built for this kind of thing.

Never used OpenOffice, but I would recommend Publisher as a good "home" level program.

Hopefully, I will have something VERY soon that will show what it can do, when you have the right graphics/backgrounds/fonts etc.

;)

@Serif

Rather than scanning the printed pages couldn't you just export the document as a PDF directly?

Does anyone have a link or know where I can get the border png for the front cover picture?

Well, I know it's been a while, but it looks like all of the links to these resources are dead. Any chance that MS Word template is available before I roll my own. I was going to GMBinder, but it ate 6 hours of work last night, and I don't trust it.

Thanks

Has anyone got a copy of the Word template? Most of the above links are dead.....

I'm also looking for the Word template.