Melee attachment with storm field?

By rhinoaus, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

I am rolling up a Khorne Berserker and with some nice rolls amongst other things have a legion power fist. Since this weapon is unwieldy it obviously cannot be used to parry, which is bad. However; since I am ambidextrous I could use another weapon in my off hand to parry with some penalty. My idea is to modify my starting bolt pistol with a melee attachment to parry with; since a spear is not considered unwieldy.

My question is this:

The fluff of the melee attachment states that "other long-bladed combat attachments can be fitted". If I mount my (also requisitioned) power blade to my bolt pistol can I give this power blade melee attachment a storm field?

Obviously I don't care much for the extra damage or pen; more to be able to break enemy melee weapons, both defensively or offensively while still maintaining the ability to shoot my bolt pistol. If not I guess I will look rather silly running around with a massive power fist on one hand and a "tiny" knife in the other!

RAW actually lets you do this, though it is less than helpful in offering up stats for actually attaching a power field to an unlisted weapon type (because hey, that'd be too much work, right? Let the customers do it!). RAW, your bolt pistol will also be better to parry with than the big, heavy glove.

Logically, this makes no sense whatsoever, but BC isn't big on logic anyway. Enjoy!

Hmm. If you do not care for extra Damage or Pen, have you considered a shield? +15 to Parry, some extra AP, those kind of goodies. The bolt pistol could be wrist-mounted to free up the hand for a shield, or the shield could be wrist-mounted to free up the hand for the bolt pistol. Of course, the pistol could also be shoulder-mounted and hooked up to an MIU.

By the by, off-hand weapons only receive a penalty to attack . Parrying with an off-hand weapon is free from that specific penalty (see [black Crusade - Core 244]).

Edited by Asymptomatic

Yeah, pretty much. My close combat stuff is a shock shield, combat shotgun/combi-flamer + recoil glove with power field attached (to prevent it from being deliberately SMASHED) and a shoulder-mounted bolt pistol+MIU with a belt feed so I won't constantly have to reload it. It's fairly effective.

Edited by DeathByGrotz

I acidentaly read the title as: "Putting a melee attachment on a shield?" While not possible RAW (I think), that would be very Khornate. (Round buckler with chainsaw teeth around the edge so you could buzzsaw trough people)