Marvel Superhero Living Card Game

By Star Lord, in Living Card Games

It's been years since Overpower and the Versus System games for Marvel, and right now Marvel superheroes movies are making billions at the box office, why not make a LCG for it? Star Wars and Marvel are part of the Disney umbrella, so it shouldn't be hard to get the license, right?

Except the license is with Upper deck right now, makers of the Legendary card game.

I've played way too many CCGs in the past, to the point that I grew tired of spending tons of money to open booster boxes after boxes to look for the 4th copy of a useful card or that elusive rare. I'm only interested in LCG right now. Therefore, I'm definitely not interested in a collectible card game from Upper Deck.

While i'd like a marvel superheroes LCG, I must admit that DiceMasters has my superhero needs covered. Besides the marvel ones it also has (soon) DC super heroes.

I've played way too many CCGs in the past, to the point that I grew tired of spending tons of money to open booster boxes after boxes to look for the 4th copy of a useful card or that elusive rare. I'm only interested in LCG right now. Therefore, I'm definitely not interested in a collectible card game from Upper Deck.

Legendary is not collectible. It's a stand-alone game with optional expansions.

Legendary is not collectible. It's a stand-alone game with optional expansions.

Are you saying that Legendary has fixed cards in their first edition like LCG?

Yes. Legendary is not an LCG (no monthly packs and so on), but it's a standard card game (a la Dominion): you buy a set, and in that set you always have the same cards.

Legendary is a deck building game though similar to Dominion if you've ever played that.

There are rumors (possibly fake promises) of Upper deck bringing back Vs System in a somewhat LCG like format.

Here's the article about it from last years Gencon. If I recall it was less of a done deal and more of a we are thinking about this.

http://upperdeckblog.com/2014/08/upper-deck-announces-the-return-of-the-vs-system-at-the-2014-gen-con-show/