Scavenging

By TheFugs, in Zombie Apocalypse

I'm wondering what kind of supplies i will let my PC's find.

Some advices? Some good quests?

Well I think broadly defined survivors will need: food, medical supplies, guns/ammo, and possibly fuel or building materials if they are using vehicles or trying to build defences.

Depending on the scenario you are running they could need different things just based off the type of threats they are facing. Like a book of spells to fend off voodoo magic or a flamethrower to clear a path through the zombie rat filled sewer.

I would try to think up a few places to get the things I listed above and make up encounters to get them. For example there is medicine the PCs could need to get at the vets office but there are a few zombie dogs there too to deal with. Your players may decide to get the medicine from somewhere else but it will be easier on you if you have some ideas in mind already.

Edited by Vinge

Depends on what time frame we're talking about. Very early on supplies are abundant but as days go by other survivors/scavengers deplete the resources

Here are some random items I came up with. Some might pose a dillema for the players, some might be the start of a quest, and others might be good for a laugh. Enjoy!

• Pills in a plastic bottle- with no label. Will the players try them? Will it heal them or make things worse?
  • Cured meat wrapped in foil.- Thing is, the players find it in the hideout of a known cannibal. could it be...?
  • A locked briefcase marked "CDC property, experimental vacine Z". What it does is up to the GM.
  • A bag full of cash and jewelry. But is money still any good?
  • Boxes of experimental earth bound for London. Dracula reference, just for the fun of it.
  • 1D6 bottles of moonshine.
  • A pistol with one remaining bullet.
  • A religious book: inside is a pampfhlet about a nearby shelter for survivors.- Is it real or a trap?
  • A book titled: "The zombie survival guide, by max Brooks."
  • A functioning laptop. The only files on it are mp4s of various zombie movies.
  • A camera. If the players watch the recording they might find out something usfull, or horrifying.
  • A katana,- it is a cheaply made prop and will break when used.- but don't tell the players that!
  • A RPG book.-GM's choice. (D&D, Star wars, even EotW!.) So your players can roleplay playing an RPG.
  • A hand crank radio- But is there anything still on the air?
  • Survival kit: knife, flashlight, matches, compass, waterporifying tablets, the works!
  • A home made holy icon, unholy idol or voodoo doll (even if the zombies aren't caused by voodoo).
  • A box of Twinkies.
Edited by Robin Graves