Azathoth deck?

By Blass, in Call of Cthulhu Deck Construction

Hi there!

I was wondering if there is a way to use Azathoth efficiently in a deck. Any ideas?

Also, if i put an Azathoth into play, and then wound it/destroy it before the end of my turn, am I still eliminated form the game?

Maybe you'll fiond some smart way to use it, but, refering to what was said in the Assistant to DocWest/Nodens thread, I'd say that, even if you got the card destroyed by any means, you'll loose the game ...

I'm sad to hear that :( It would be fun to summon Azathoth once in a while for some mass destruction fun, than get rid of him before he finishes me off too...

the end of turn part isnt part of the response, so if azathoth leaves play so does the end of turn effect.

Well, you're right, Pearljamaholic ! I did'nt notice the space between the texts of the card.

So, in this case, you can trigger the response and, if you find a way to keep Azatoth back in hand, the second effect won't take effect.

Sorry for my first misreading ^^

'Change of Seasons' ( Shub event) has always been my favorite.

Path of Blood is going to be the best pick, IMO, or Shoking transformation might help to produce a tiny character instead of the Mighty god Azatoth, as you'll not use the card to search for a GOO, but for something else ...

I was thinking about path of blood, but the other cards sound even better :) Thanks guys!