Expanding the Nether Deck

By jackyboy, in Talisman Home Brews

Hi all

After another amazing game of Talisman on Sunday, where by the strongest character who appeared to be running away with the game, succumbed to the Nether deck (if you roll under the Enemies attack roll you are KILLED), followed by every other character one by one trying to gain the loot. 6 characters killed by one Craft 5 enemy. CLASSIC!

So this got me thinking, the Nether Deck needs feeding up! Perhaps another 20 or so cards could add to the deck without diluting it too much. I thought that there definitely needs to be more catastrophic cards (striping a character of all of his objects or followers) and perhaps Enemies which get stronger when they are fighting stronger characters. Also some extremely jester like trickster card which makes all players swap gold, spells, objects, followers.... Or maybe even making players fully swap characters!!!

Does anyone know whether Strange Eons has been updated yet with the Nether Deck cardback? Would anyone be interested in making an expansion with me? I have some ideas for cards and a little knowledge of photoshop, but could do with a photoshop wizard and someone who could seek out good artwork ;)

Edited by jackyboy

I can't say that the Nether Realm needs more cards - - mostly because I've only had 2 occasions to use it in a game. :(

I would like to find a way to introduce them "more often" rather than through the alt endings included. I first thought designating a space on the board, such as the Cursed Glade, with the caveat that you drew the Nether realm there only during the Night cycle. I've also house ruled the reveal of any Rune Gate card as a "must pull Nether card" with or without the Night cycle rule.

But my partner wants to play by the intended rules, so those went no where.

I would like to find a way to introduce them "more often" rather than through the alt endings included. I first thought designating a space on the board, such as the Cursed Glade, with the caveat that you drew the Nether realm there only during the Night cycle.

We tried this suggestion when you first proposed it and I have to tell you we use it in many of our Non-Nether Ending games - so thank you! It makes one even more hesitant to avoid the Cursed Glade...but of course, sometimes you have little choice!

Edited by adjogi

Has anyone expanded the Nether Realm deck? I was curious to know what kind of cards you added to the mix. I thought I remember seeing a list of cards for the Nether Realm deck that did not make the cut but can not seem to find it. I am interested in boosting my Nether deck up to about 60 cards. :-)