So by the end of the year...

By DanteRotterdam, in Wrath of the Gods

This game will be complete? It seems like it doesn't it?

Maybe Q1 2016 at the latest. I actually like that idea...

No endless, release of extra materials etc. just 4 core books and that's all folks.

I mean, this isn't our main RPG and we play it as one-offs mostly so I appreciate a solid 4 books and to then be done with it and have it all complete for future sessions.

How do others feel about this?

I come from the days of One and Done RPGs. We had the core rule book and often that was it. I like it that way.

I really don't like system bloat and less splatbooks that just add complexity. Especially when the game becomes unbalanced if you are using some, but not all, of the splatbooks. As for adventure and campaign modules, I seldom buy them prefering to roll my own.

Self-standing core rule books though, those I will buy by the truck load.

I don´t mind buying books for the FFG Star Wars line to be honest but I don´t want that bloat, as you call it, in other series indeed.

The FFG Star Wars books do a good job of offering more options without unbalancing the core game. It can be a tricky line to walk.

It will be interesting to see if The End of the World generates more books if the line is a great success. I don't knw anything about teh original line, so I don't know if there is stuff beyond the four core books to be translated.

Good possibility of the last book sometime in 2016. Wrath of the Gods is scheduled for 2nd quarter 2015 and I'm going to guess that they will hold with one book every two quarters. So that should put Alien invasion in 4th quarter 2015 and Machines in 2nd quarter 2016. That would not be a bad release schedule.

This from the News section https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/2/24/wrath-of-the-gods/

This game will be complete? It seems like it doesn't it?

Maybe Q1 2016 at the latest. I actually like that idea...

No endless, release of extra materials etc. just 4 core books and that's all folks.

I mean, this isn't our main RPG and we play it as one-offs mostly so I appreciate a solid 4 books and to then be done with it and have it all complete for future sessions.

How do others feel about this?

I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment.

I suspect it will depend on how popular the game is. If there is great demand and it sells well, I suspect they'll find a way to make more :)