Chaosifying a voidship

By filliman, in Black Crusade

Apart from narrative differences "the Geller field emanates from a giant chaos star rather than a statue of a saint" has anyone made any ways of making a chaos voidship mechanically different?

Just wanted to share some narrative bits first:

Cogitators using blood as a coolant. (Got that one from one of the HH novels)

Every inch of the miles wide ship covered with skulls (again from a novel)

Daemonette statues that move when you don't look at them. (Thats my idea!)

Barbed chains and lots of them.

Screaming faces in the walls. Not just silent drawings: moving faces that scream your name .

Apothecarium dedicated to Nurgle. (Yeah let that sink in for a moment.)

Mechanically: It hasn't really come up in our games.

But you could have daemonic comunication devices instead of astropathic choirs wch would be way more reliable than their imperial counterparts. (bonus to comunication tests)

Same for navigators really: replace ol' 3 eyes with a possessed one who gets bonuses to naviagtion rolls or always safely travels trough warp space.

Ship itself is possessed: treat it like a possessed vehicle. maybe it can regenerate damage. And if the captain looses control of the daemon, the ship starts venting crew out into the void/warp.

• Khorne: Increases ship's speed by 32% but must attempt to Ram other ships.
  • Nurgle: Enemies boarding the ship must be wearing sealed armor or test every x minutes to see if they contract any diseases.
  • Slaanesh: Boarding torpedos are more acurate and penetrate deeper. (wink wink)
  • Tzeentch: Ship is surrounded by a school of Screamers of Tzeentch. They attack anything aproaching the hull. (Boarding parties/enemy fighetrs/bombers)

Chaos spawn boarding parties.

Deamonic protection: The ship has no Geller field (to collapse). As a chaos god has marked it as being under it's protection. This protection might be withdrawn if the captain displeases the ship's patron god.

Edited by Robin Graves

Dunno if it helps, but I recall this from Battlefleet Gothic:

• Mark of Slaanesh : Enemy ships within 15 cm of the Chaos Fleet Master's ship get -2 Leadership
  • Mark of Khorne : The Chaos Fleet Master's ship doubles its boarding value and adds +1 to rolls for critical damage in boarding actions.
  • Mark of Tzeentch : The Chaos Fleet Master gains a re-roll.
  • Mark of Nurgle : The Chaos Fleet Master's ship gains a damage point and may not be boarded.
  • Mark of Chaos Undivided : In one turn per game, the entire fleet may use the Chaos Fleet Master's Leadership value on any leadership tests they are called to make.
I'm sure it would not be too hard to come up with equivalent rules for a mix of Black Crusade and Rogue Trader? :)

Dunno if it helps, but I recall this from Battlefleet Gothic:

• Mark of Slaanesh : Enemy ships within 15 cm of the Chaos Fleet Master's ship get -2 Leadership
  • Mark of Khorne : The Chaos Fleet Master's ship doubles its boarding value and adds +1 to rolls for critical damage in boarding actions.
  • Mark of Tzeentch : The Chaos Fleet Master gains a re-roll.
  • Mark of Nurgle : The Chaos Fleet Master's ship gains a damage point and may not be boarded.
  • Mark of Chaos Undivided : In one turn per game, the entire fleet may use the Chaos Fleet Master's Leadership value on any leadership tests they are called to make.
I'm sure it would not be too hard to come up with equivalent rules for a mix of Black Crusade and Rogue Trader? :)

And Abaddon the despoiler plagerises Darth vader with his "you have failed me for the last time" ability and shoots at a ship that failed it's command test!

Why do chaos marines still folow this guy?

Free Dental.

In all honesty, though, he doesn't seem to be that bad. You could say he does exactly what his bosses want him to!

Free Dental.

In all honesty, though, he doesn't seem to be that bad. You could say he does exactly what his bosses want him to!

Wouldn't it get confusing following four chaos gods at once?

Khorne: kill him!

Slaanesh: No! f*ck him!

Khorne: Queit you! Cut of his head!

Slaanesh: and then f*ck it!"

Nurgle: Children! Children! Settle down!

Khorne: Cut his head oooofff!!!!

Tzeentch: Oh cut your own head off!

Nurgle: Bestow my gifts upon your enemies, my champion!

Tzeentch: YOUR champion?

Nurgle: Why you-

Tzeentch: Don't listen to them, my thrall! Ensorcel your foe and twist his body with mutation and fire!

Slaanesh: and then f*ck it!

Nurgle: Such a one tracked mind. disease is what shall slay our foes.

khorne: Cowardism! Engage him in close combat and spill his blood!

Slaanesh: Yes! Get close to him!

Champion of chaos undivided: "Shut up! shut up shut up SHADDDAAAAP!!!"

Khorne: ...

Slaanesh: ...

Nurgle: ...

Tzeentch: ...

Champion of chaos undivided: "I should have folowed Malal instead!"

*Bamphf!*

Champion turned chaos spawn: "Ribbitkroak?"

To be fair: over on the warhammer world Archaon seems to be doing great.

Edited by Robin Graves

I loved Slaanesh's comments XD