You can kill a zombie, but you can't kill Thor.

By Feenox, in Wrath of the Gods

Have the Gods be nigh-invulnerable, but have like battle suits and what not to face them.

a+vadia+e+os+monstrengos.jpg

****, how did i forget about this? :D

Cthulhutech, or "Evangellion vs Cthulhu" as my group calls it, is awesome.

****, how did i forget about this? :D

Cthulhutech, or "Evangellion vs Cthulhu" as my group calls it, is awesome.

I adored the theme, artwork and ideas but everyone wanted something different so we never played a lot. Was still my best one off though, hope we go back one day and find a local gm to run it.

The one thing that bothered me with the setting was that the deep ones, don't know where R'lyeh is.

Otherwise: perfect!

So has anyone tried...

Are you familiar with the works of Josh Whedon?

25 minutes ago I speed dialled the following your son (Zeus), Harry Dresden and have you noticed the Comic Con events and their cosplayers? I hear Sailor Scouts are a favourite of yours!

Cthulhu turns up.

Huh? I thought you'd be scarier... Not your fault Hollywood can do much, much worse maybe you ought to have a word with them first?

Dholes

Looks around... okay exactly what fish do you use them for as bait?

Hell

Seriously? Have you actually been paying attention to world events? Even Keanu Reeves did a better job at that in Constantine and they usually don't think much about that!

Hell on earth?

Trying playing the Mass Effect trilogy and not be effected worse by that!

The gods come down to earth.

Huh they're remarkably well mannered aren't they?

Ragnarok

Okay they've come to fight let's give them a lift so we know who needs a **** good hiding!

Actually it was quite common for Norse gods to appear as avatars of themselves in mortal form. So while they still retained elements of their power, they were also quite mortal. Killing one is entirely possible.

So could mr. Welsh, but he's no longer allowed to.

If there were stats for the gods in the book, I would be inclined to ignore them.

I highly doubt the actual gods will have stats. In ZA, a Horrifying Abomination has a vitality of 6, and is nearly impossible for a human to kill. What's the point of statting something at 10 when a 6 is almost indestructible?

In Lovecraftian lore, it is possible for protagonists to kill cultists and lesser monstrosities, but deities like Cthulhu or Nyarlathotep cannot even be killed by other deities.

If your GM even introduces these creatures, unless they also introduce a MacGuffin of some kind, expect to die. Hellboy used a fist-key-thing to stop the Great Old Ones, while normal humans usually use the Necronomicon or some other form of magic.

Otherwise, you (and the entire human species) are so overwhelmingly powerless that there will literally be nothing you can do except be at the mercy of said creature. And mercy is wholly nonexistent in Cosmicism .

They stat a few: Quetzalcoatl, Fenrir, Jörmungandr, The four horsemen (not really gods,but...) and Cthulhu.

Mind you, they got enough special rules so you can't take them. (This is not AD&D after all.) especially Cthulhu. Just seeing tv footage or youtube clipsof him can send people insane/catatonic/dead from heart attack. And the USA dropped the bomb on cthulhu...It didn't work.