Making New Psychic Disciplines

By DrangarOrtega, in Dark Heresy Gamemasters

I wanted to start this thread as a sharing topic for anyone who is wanting to share or make new psychic powers into DH 2nd Ed. Plus post any questions about the current rules for psychic powers.

My own thoughts are after looking through the 2nd Ed I kinda was disappointed by there being fewer psychic powers. In Dark Heresy 1st ed there are 10 powers per discipline and in DH2 there are 9 powers per discipline and they removed the 32 minor powers. While psykers don't need to have a large amount of psychic powers to be powerful I think there needs to be more of a variety and have more expansion to it.

I also play the tabletop game of 40k and in the 7th Ed they introduced 2 more disciplines for the tabletop game, Daemonology-Malefic (Forces of Chaos) Daemonology-Sanctic (Holy Forces like Grey Knights). Personally as a player and a Game master I would love to see these powers in DH2, as a expansion for either radical (or corrupted) PCs and NPCs or more holy and just characters, and other disciplines too also I would like to see a frost discipline (that's just me). Are there disciplines of the dark gods in any other publications. I haven't read any Black Crusade books and was wondering if they had some psychic powers for the 4 chaos gods.

I first want to point out that Cogniczar posted a work in progress newimagination of Psykers here .

Are the disciplines you are thinking about in there?

Also I'm pretty sure there are no Psy Powers for Khorne. :lol:

Still working on that, albeit very slowly at the moment due to my campaign taking my primetime. Thanks for linking that MadMAEXX.

To answer your inquiry, Drangar the Black Crusade line has tons of cool powers for Nurgle, Tzeentch and Slaanesh. As mentioned, Khorne kicks psyker's in their groin so no powers from the blood god.

Opps, yeah sorry about that I didn't notice my mistake there earlier, thanks. 3! of the Chaos Gods that use psychic powers. And yeah it looks like there are some of the psychic powers in the works! Thank you for posting a link, and Ill look into the Tomes of chaos for more information, thank you guys!

Edited by DrangarOrtega

3! of the Chaos Gods that use psychic powers.

So, 6 of the Chaos Gods use psychic powers? [/mathjokes]

I agree on the use of Black Crusade powers in DH2, just find some way to shoehorn it into the power tree.

The posted link was in no way meant to stop a discussion or the brainstorming over new powers. New powers and disciplines are always welcome.

I for one am thinking about a discipline along the lines of the illusion magic from fantasy games. I don't know in how fat this is adaptable, but I think it would be interesting.