Immune to mind influencing effects

By Luddite, in Black Crusade Rules Questions

Hi all, so i have a Magos Idolitrex with a Machine trait (1) and Full body cybernetic replacement.

This has the effect of making me 'immune to all mind influencing effects'.

What does that mean?

Does it include psychic powers?

Cheers

Well, this thing is copied over the editions and always up to interpretation.

RAW it does make you immune to EVERYTHING influencing your mind - including psychic powers.

More mundane it makes you also immune to most drugs so I ruled that mind-influencing drugs also do not work with at last their mind-effect.

For example a murder-servitor would benefit from Frenzon and Frenzy for his fleshly component but would not "suffer" from the frenzy restriction to attack the nearest target but would still be able to follow its target-priority-programming.

In the end you should have a talk with the GM about that for everyone rules it different - with reason - for so many things follow the Machine Rules that do not make sense to have such a immunity.

So in the end I came up with two qualities of this trait where simple machine refers to several augmentations in someones body like mechanical lungs, steel-bones etc. though to be immune a part of the brain has actually to be a cogitator or otherwise augmented. Mostly only high ranking mechanicus personnel and servitors qualify for that. And if on a PC I demand that their characters are played like that for you basically have a failsafe computer in your head that keeps your brain in check and prevents you from doing unreasonable things. As long as the cogitator cant follow your decisions of the fleshy and maybe manipulated brain it does not "compute" and overrides that decision. An epitome of such a character would be a tech-priest that basically acts with perfect logic, cold and efficient.

RAW it actually makes you immune even to synthetici, hacking and necron nanites, which it shouldn't. I would rule in such cases that logic trumps copy pasta.