Hellholt Engineer & Balerion

By ultimax, in 2. AGoT Rules Discussion

I have a question concerning the interaction between Hellholt Engineer & Balerion (pirates of lys). Balerion says "Any Phase: Kneel Balerion to lower the cost of the next character you put into play using ambush this phase by 1. That character claims 1 power when it comes into play and until the end of the phase, it gains a [Naval] enhancement on its [Power] icon, if able."

As an example, if I have both cards in play and I trigger Balerion's effect 3 times through standing/rekneeling Balerion via Hellholt Engineer, what would happen?

1. The next character i play by ambush this phase would cost 3 less and would claim 3 power when it comes into play

2. The next character I play by ambush this phase would cost 3 less and would claim 1 power when it comes into play

3. The next character I play by ambush this phase would cost 1 less and would claim 1 power when it comes into play

Thanks for any clarification you can give me.

The next character you Ambush in that phase would require 3 less influence, claim 3 power when it enters play, AND have +3 Naval enhancements on its POW icon until the end of the phase.

Each individual trigger sets up a separate effect. Each separate effect must be applied by adding up all the modifiers (3 of the same in this case) and applying them to the card/action.

Ok thanks for the help.

That's got to be worth trying