Acquiring torpedoes/small craft

By Azmodael, in Rogue Trader Rules Questions

Help me understand the rules for obraining those things, especially the small craft.

For example Bombers are Extremely Rare. So if my players want to buy some bombers with their 50PF what happens?

Is the cost given for a single bomber or for whole squadron?

Do you apply the penalty for starship components?

Depends on how many they are attempting to acquire. That Extremely Rare is the start of determining the difficulty(+) Scale (12 - 24 squadron size) (+) Vehicle Acquisition Penalty (-10) = bonus/detriment % to Profit Factor Acquisition roll. No on starship penalty btw.

Example:

Single Bomber (Extremely Rare - 30) + Scale (Single + 30) + Vehicle Penalty (-10) = PF 50 - 10 = 40% chance of success.

Squadron of Bombers (Extremely Rare - 30) + Scale (Minor + 10) + Vehicle Penalty (-10) = PF 50 - 30 = 20% chance of success.

Of course if the Rogue Trader/Seneschal wants they can attempt to bargain/commerce test against the opposing side to get a bonus or negative to their roll of +2 for each degree of success or -2 per each degree of failure. Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot. I was figuring it would be something like this...

Where is the vehicle penalty commning for? Can you point me to a page/source?

Still amazes me that the war equipment penalty stops applying for the ammo/ships, when it did apply for the hanger/weapon. Oh well, it makes them more attainable, so I suppose I shouldn't gripe. ;)

Into the Storm, p.179.