Mission and Final Mission

By LukeZZ, in XCOM: The Board Game

Am I wrong or after the Final Mission becomes availables, no new Missions will became available anymore (the "Choose Mission" will not appear anymore during the Timed Phase)?

You are incorrect. You may still choose (and assign troops to) a normal mission in addition to the final one.

I know you can assign troops to the existing mission (and final mission), but when can you choose a new mission?

The round(s) after "Final Mission Available" (timed phase) appears, there are no more "Choose Mission" (timed phase)...

I know you can assign troops to the existing mission (and final mission), but when can you choose a new mission?

The round(s) after "Final Mission Available" (timed phase) appears, there are no more "Choose Mission" (timed phase)...

You can't. Once the FM drops, no new missions become available. However existing missions continue to run. Or at least that is how it has been in our games. The only advantage to missions at the same time as the FM IMO, is salvage and the ability to drop panic (so you don't lose the game) so you can actually resolve the FM (as global panic is done before the FM in the resolution phase).

FYI : I think the app only gives you the choice to deploy soldiers to the mission in the timed phase (when it should say FM), if you only have a FM and no mission card (ie you completed a mission on the turn before the FM dropped). Could be wrong on this, but did not see if the last time it happened.

Once the Final Mission drops, you can deploy soldiers to the Final Mission (or to the standard Mission if still there) with the "Deploy Squad(s) to Mission(s)" (timed phase) action.

Once the Final Mission drops, you can deploy soldiers to the Final Mission (or to the standard Mission if still there) with the "Deploy Squad(s) to Mission(s)" (timed phase) action.

So are they always called the same ie DEPLOY SQUAD TO MISSION (and it means deploy to either/both). Or is there a DEPLOY SQUAD TO FM phase ?

I had thought I had seen this but I guess I am just misremembering ?

With only the standard Mission:

"Deploy Squad to Mission"

With the Final Mission (and maybe one standard Mission):

"Deploy Squad(s) to Mission(s)"

Ahh ok, I thought you had added the (s) for emphasis. Didn't realize the app added it its self. OK that makes sense, I must have confused the resolution phase where it explicitely enumerates the FM with the timed phase. Thanks for this.

Ah, you may well be correct; sorry I think I misread the question.

I'll have to play with the app to see if you still get a 'choose mission' phase or not (unless you guys have already done that).

I haven't seen a "choose mission" come up after the final mission has become available myself. But we also generally take card of the FM in that round or the next. I don't know if choosing a mission comes up each round or not.

Ah, you may well be correct; sorry I think I misread the question.

I'll have to play with the app to see if you still get a 'choose mission' phase or not (unless you guys have already done that).

I can 100% confirm that, at least for the games I have participated in, that the choose mission phase does not come ONCE the FM has dropped. That said you can still have a mission running when the FM drops and so may still assign to the mission as per normal in this case. Otherwise choose mission comes up each and every round, on the difficulties/plans I have played.