[Migrated] Cyber Mastiff cost? (Posted originally by Rosenet)

By Darkshroud, in Dark Heresy

Rosenet

Hi there,

My group has just started a DH campaign and I'm playing an Arbitrator. I'm interested in picking up a cyber mastiff for my character and I see the rules in the IH, but I don't see a specific cost. Can someone help me out?

-NB

transp.gif transp.gif
spacer.gif
[Post New] Fri, 2008 Nov 21, 3:47 PM (CST)
MaximGatling

take_home_a_puppy_2.jpg
transp.gif transp.gif
spacer.gif
[Post New] Fri, 2008 Nov 21, 3:49 PM (CST)
MaximGatling

Sorry, just had to.

Seriously though, they really skimped on that whole section. Overall, I love DH, but I was disappointed with the cherubim/cyber critters/servitor section. You could do a whole supplement on that stuff.

transp.gif transp.gif
spacer.gif
[Post New] Fri, 2008 Nov 21, 4:59 PM (CST)
DarkShroud

[Avatar]

I think it's more something you're "awarded" rather than buy for good service etc.

and MaximGatling that's brilliant, I could just imagine a hive with posters on the wall..

Everything you have been told is a lie!
transp.gif transp.gif
spacer.gif
[Post New] Fri, 2008 Nov 21, 9:49 PM (CST)
Texas_ben

DarkShroud wrote:
I think it's more something you're "awarded" rather than buy for good service etc.

Disagree. Cyber-mastiffs seems like something that nobley-types would want guarding their estates, and also other people in need of a good guard animal. I always assumed they were similar in cost and availability to trained guard/attack guards today.

transp.gif transp.gif
spacer.gif
[Post New] Sat, 2008 Nov 22, 2:59 AM (CST)
Meta

Yummy free meat, that is a deal.

Life is to short for not playing roleplay.

The one who laughs with tears of joy.

transp.gif transp.gif
spacer.gif
[Post New] Sat, 2008 Nov 22, 2:33 PM (CST)
Santiago

I would say around 7.500 thrones...

"Innocence Proves Nothing"

The Emperor approves http://www.darkreign40k.com/

transp.gif transp.gif
spacer.gif
[Post New] Sat, 2008 Nov 22, 2:37 PM (CST)
DarkShroud

[Avatar]

Texas_ben wrote:
DarkShroud wrote:

Disagree. Cyber-mastiffs seems like something that nobley-types would want guarding their estates, and also other people in need of a good guard animal. I always assumed they were similar in cost and availability to trained guard/attack guards today.

Well yea I could see nobles buying them but I mean more from the fact the OP mentioned he's a Arbitrator so I asume they would be given it for good service or specially trained to handle them. arf!

Everything you have been told is a lie!
transp.gif transp.gif
spacer.gif
[Post New] Sun, 2008 Nov 23, 4:22 AM (CST)
Cifer

I would say around 7.500 thrones...

7500 thrones is a full suit of Power Armour, not some servitor beast that's supposed to be available in every precinct house...

I've just realised there IS a cost Rosenet.

By using table 5-5 on page 145 of the Inquisitors Handbook you can work out the cost of a Cyber Mastiff.

I reckon you're talking about 5000 thrones and that's me throwing a few things in for free that the example Cyber Mastiff has. sorpresa.gif

I mean your at least 3000 for the cyberising then another 1000 to take it up to machine 4 plus another 250 for Fearless. Thats 4250 before you even take into account the thing has Brutal Charge, IR Vision and Filter Plugs and the cost of getting the dog in the first place.