Final Mission

By Hida77, in Imperial Assault Campaign

So my group played the final mission. We had won the preceding mission so we....

...had the one where you go into the facility and try to kill souped up Vader. We lost before we could even open the door, the Imperial Player had been sitting on 4-5 cards and probably increased his threat from cards by 12+ during the mission. It started okay but he eventually threw out uber Elite Stormies (could attack twice and got free surges), elite RG, AND Elite Trandos back to back to back and then made sure to use the constant threat to keep them all up at full strength. We got to the door and could have opened it, but we already had 3 people wounded and tried to whittle it down a bit before doing so, but we ended up failing right there on round 8.

We read the rest of the mission and had t wonder if it was possible after reading it. 24 health Vader with an extra defense ability that activates after every hero seemed way OTT, especially after the beating we took.

So has anyone completed this? it seems really, really difficult.

We read the other possible final mission and felt like that one would likely be much easier. Our Imperial player might still have won given all the stuff he had, but we felt like it was possible to kill Weiss a few times, or at least more possible than fighting ridiculous Vader.

Thoughts?

Are we the only ones who completed the Campaign?

Sorry, my group has only finished its second side mission. We have quite a way to go yet. Your group might be part of the vanguard of people finishing the campaign.

We only played the other final mission. I do not know if this one is easier, but in the first try, without the rebels knowing what is coming, I literally crushed them under the number of my troops and won. I think the second time should be easier for the rebels, but I find it hard to compare on paper, which mission is easier and can offer no advice for the other final mission..

I find it kinda funy that a lot of the 1 pt cards arn't very good early on (use once, then card goes away completely), but they are really nice if they are hoarded and all thrown out on one mission, like the finale. My group is still 2.5 missions away, but we are all done with side missions so there isn't much of a point to use influence on the Imperial side missions. So I'll be looking to nab whatever single use cards I can ;)