2 trap questions!

By Bashwilly, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

1- When a hero have 3 dice in the melee trait and zero in the two other, can he use range attack (and weapon) or magic attack (Without trait dice)?

2- Can we retain dammage? For exemple, if I do 4 dammage + one burn token, can I decide to do not put the burn token and inflict 3 dammages? You will say that is stupid and unnecessary but it's just to know lengua.gif

Bashwilly said:

1- When a hero have 3 dice in the melee trait and zero in the two other, can he use range attack (and weapon) or magic attack (Without trait dice)?

2- Can we retain dammage? For exemple, if I do 4 dammage + one burn token, can I decide to do not put the burn token and inflict 3 dammages? You will say that is stupid and unnecessary but it's just to know lengua.gif

1) Yes, not having trait dice does not prevent you from using a weapon or making a type of attack, it just makes you less effective.

2) Depends. If its the damage from rolling say a Red/Blue/White/Green/Yellow then no, those automatically apply as far as I know. Damage from enhancements doesn't have to be applied since you can spend them on range if you want to. If the weapon says "Burn" without having to spend surges for it then it automatically applies to the best of my knowledge.

Big Remy said:

1) Yes, not having trait dice does not prevent you from using a weapon or making a type of attack, it just makes you less effective.

It is a common tactic to use a "wrong" weapon in combination with a power potion (from WoD). In this way, a melee fighter can turn into a devastating mage for one turn.

Of course, this is no tactic in the long run, but it can solve some short-term problems: For example, a slow melee fighter could have a ranged weapon in his pack for the case that he cannot get close to his enemy. And a supernumerous blast rune in your pack in combination with a power potion will cause headaches to your OL.

Yeah, good point.... i've always prohibit an attack where you don't have at least one trait dice! It's what i recommend but i was comming to see if there is an official answer!