Heal/Harm and Surgeon

By Tancradus, in General Discussion

Does the Surgeon ability from a talent tree add 1 to a healing roll per surgeon rank, when using the force if you have purchased the Control (adds medicine, into the roll). Or would the Surgeon ability only work for long term care? The Consular Healer seems to have surgeon on its tree a great deal. Just wanted to know if they actually benefitted from their tree. Kinda seems like a waste if not as force healing seems to be more like a paladins lay on hands ability.

I think the answer to that is no.

Surgeon applies when making a Medicine check, which Heal/Harm doesn't need in order to work.

I didn't think it did, which made me a little sad that there are do many surgeons in the tree that don't stack.

The Healer spec is for someone that's not reliant upon the Force to be an amazing healer, and instead uses more conventional means than a somewhat unreliable and very costly Force power (check the Beta Updates on Heal/Harm, the base power got doubled in price and the tree shifted around a fair bit).

Heal/Harm is useful for a PC that wants healing to be a back-up thing, something they can do quickly without having to invest in the Medicine skill or need to have a medpac or physician's kit in order to treat wounds.

Thanks for the help Donovan, could you please send me the link to the errata for the beta of the Heal/Harm power the power. The site is vast and I am new