Genetor Wings reboot

By Cornwallis, in Rogue Trader House Rules

My explorator wants wings from Genetor, but literally right before he told me I read the errata removing wings. he still wants them, I see why they would be removed, so I want him to work a lot harder for it.

why was it removed? I've got my ideas but worth discussing.

how would you re-allow it? elite advance, mini mission, etc

what drawbacks would it entail? id say way more noticably heretical, etc

Way more obvious. We know the game seems to make a huge fuss noting that its genetic manipulation and not mutation, but really, doesn't the average peasant get that?

As for missions....I don't see why he couldn't have it. Those have to be some truly titanic pinions to lift him though, given how much metal is mixed with the meat, so I'm not sure how useful they would be in normal or high gravity.

my thought was getting wings, like multiple arms the other omitted in errata, would be more difficult to impossible based on the idea of learning how to use brand new appendages. it could be as easy as another mechandrite use talent, but I also feel learning to use new never had before muscles would be more difficult than learning to use new programming for robo arms implanted in a microchip attached to a brain. thoughts?

Have you thought of just giving him a jump pack? Might save you a headache later down the road.

thought about it. he's pretty set on it being wings

Wings are a bit....more acceptable than heretical in my opinion. Sanguinius, one of the most beloved Saints of the Imperium, was a winged mutant afterall!

If your player wants wings, let him have wings. I'd say let him figure out how to do it. He could do some transgenic blasphemies, granted some xenos wings, or vat-grown angelic wings, or whatever.

Because he's a Tech-Priest and his torso is 99% Metal. He should not be able to generate enough lift to fly with wings.

Does it really matter with Maglev flight?

That one needs a break to recharge. I think you can still "grow" wings, and doing it to mimic Sanguinius is actually legitimate, but I don't think that's enough to grant you flight. I think Hawk-boy likely needed his psychic powers to aid his flight.

Of course. But totally reproduceable with the right know-wots. Maybe a xeno relic or organ for psychic resonance, or an extra few maglev implants with back up potentia coils.

:: shrugs ::

All i'm saying is, I'd let him do it.

You could always suggest the Alatus pattern Jump Pack (see Dark Herey: The Lathe Worlds). It is essentially, a jump pack with a set of huge metal wings that can only really be used by tech-priests, and are more then capable of granting the half tonne metal man flight.

Because he's a Tech-Priest and his torso is 99% Metal. He should not be able to generate enough lift to fly with wings.

Plasteel and diamondfibre! It doesn't have to weigh that much, and could easily have a lower weight than the flesh it replaces.

Also, I believe Genetors are among the less mechanically augmented techies out there.

Plasteel and diamondfibre! It doesn't have to weigh that much, and could easily have a lower weight than the flesh it replaces.

Also, I believe Genetors are among the less mechanically augmented techies out there.

Especially if he's of an Organicist bent: then he would much rather spend time making transhuman melee monsters than replacing ever more bits with metal.

It makes me laugh that the Tech-Priest color also happens to be red, with some gold thrown in, like he wants to be a Blood Angel. Maybe some outsiders will notice that additional similarity, too. Personally, with the mass of a Primarch, and their gear, I wouldn't put it past Sanguinius's wings to NOT be able to support the Lord of the Angelic Host; I'd put my money on his prodigious psychic power holding him aloft, but then I don't really care for the Space Vamps, so it might just be me taking shots at them. Since we can't know for sure SPOILER!! ( not sure if the character in the BA novel who sprouted wings could fly, or if the other Angels just saw them, and said "crap!", before they further bought into the ruse; thank you Fabius Bile ! ;) ! ) In either way, the TP could certainly maglev, and be happy much of the time, use something like a flip belt, and embrace the xenos, or maybe actually gain flight from wings, but weird gravity, confined spaces, and certain gear options could really hamper them, so it could easily be a mixed bag. Whole muscle clusters, anchor points, nerve attachments, and more would make for a weird addition, and certainly no simple one.

Edited by venkelos