Aun'Shi and Kauyon Strike

By Voloch, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest - Strategy

1. You deploy troops and Aun'ui Prelates at first planet.
  2. You commit Aun'shi to first planet.
  3. You strike with Aun'Shi first, then Aun'ui Prelates. They retreat to HQ.
  4. Between step 3.2 and 3.3, you play Kauyon Strike and move you Aun'Shi and Aun'ui to, let's say, planet 2, at a new fight starts there after planet 1 is won/lost.
  5. Rinse & repeat.

It's a 3 card combo I know, but not impossible at round 2+.

Am I missing a rule or two here, because this seems rather powerful?

Nope, it's rather powerfull.

However I am quite sure you want to strike with the Aun'ui Prelates first, but it depends on the situation.

Also note that they are Exhausted at this point to will potentially have to endure another hit before readying again.

Nope, it's rather powerfull.

However I am quite sure you want to strike with the Aun'ui Prelates first, but it depends on the situation.

Also note that they are Exhausted at this point to will potentially have to endure another hit before readying again.

Aye, but they could go to planets already occupied by other friendly troops or to planets where the opponent just has minor presence for command struggle and eliminate that.

You're probably right about strike order, but that was minor issue for me when writing this post.

If you've got the money to deploy Anu'ui Prelates, you might as well Ambush them. If you have the money for more than one, you could eek them out across the multiple planets you want to hit with Kauyon Strike.

Aun'shi's Sanctum can be used to mitigate the fact that those units are exhausted up arrival at the new planet as well, so you'll be able to ready one of the unit's at least.

Also, Kauyon Strike is the only card that, for me, the picture & name doesn't fit the ability text.