Hi, looking for some answers..

By goncardoso, in General Discussion

Hi,

I'm new in this and after seeing how this is played and the artwork i kinda felt in love with this game , though i never had any experience in a RPG star wars game before

- Is it hard to play ?
- do I need to have played the previews expansions like Edge of Empire ?
- can I be a Jedi / Sith ?
- when is this game gonna be released ?

- Is it hard to play ?

Not at all. The dice may take some getting used to, but there's hardly any math involved. Unlike video games, there is not set level of difficulty, it's all in the types of stories you and your GM wants to tell.

- do I need to have played the previews expansions like Edge of Empire ?

Nope. Each core book is designed to be a stand-alone game. Though there are elements from each core you may want to introduce. Keep in mind that Force and Destiny is entirely for Force users. So if your players are interested in non-force users, they may want to pick up a copy of Age of Rebellion or Edge of the Empire.

- can I be a Jedi / Sith ?

Of course. There are rules in the book for monitoring your Dark side or Light side standing. The book does go out of its way to tell you that you are not playing full blown jedi but individuals who are sensitive to the force and are trying to learn about the ancient Jedi. However, just hand them extra XP or increase the XP rewards after each session and you'll players will soon feel like the Jedi you see in the movie.

Gaining Force Rating (the mechanic that allows you to use Force Powers) is a slow crawl, but a high Force Rating makes the characters incredibly strong so it needs to be slow or difficult to get stronger in the Force.

The careers and specializations are generic enough to allow you to run a Sith game as easily as you could a Jedi game. And there's even a specialization that encourages you to flirt with the Dark side.

- when is this game gonna be released ?

If the past two core books are anything to judge from, probably Q3. I would say May or June. The beginner's box should be released some time in Q2. I suspect March. For now, the Beta rulebook should be enough to get you started.

thanks for your help mate :) i will wait for it :)

what will be the main differences between this beta book and the original ? cause when i go to catalog the game is out in beta :S

Edited by goncardoso

what will be the main differences between this beta book and the original ? cause when i go to catalog the game is out in beta :S

They've made some rules changes for the beta already, there should be a PDF on the beta site that explains them. They might also be making further changes, but we won't hear about those until they're in print. Mostly what they'll add is fluff, probably more details on the background, the galaxy and how Force users fit in, and probably a different adventure at the back.