Strange Magic

By Stelar 7, in X-Wing Off-Topic

Saw this today, and it was OK.

George Lucas was not the director, though I had previously thought he would be. He was a producer.

Also, it is a musical. Not like typical cartoon show with some songs, I mean the characters are constantly singing. It was almost an opera there was so much music.

Music was pretty good, and although they used familiar songs they were new performances, in this it reminded me a lot of Muloun Rouge. (SP?)

The plot was a series of love stories and I'm led to believe an adaptation of Midsummer Night's Dream, though I have not seen or read that particular Shakespear play.

Visuals are quite nice, there were certainly elements that reminded me strongly of Epic, but there are only so many ways you can make small faries so it was different enough.

Story was empowering for women, and challenges traditional thoughts of beauty, a little. It held the attention of both my daughters for the full 90 minutes.

Overall, I'd say 4 stars, it wasn't the best thing I ever saw, but I enjoyed my time in the theater and I'll be able to buy it when it comes out with no remorse. Good for Lucas, getting involved in something new.