Through the Gates!

By player1761766, in Elder Sign

I just love how Gates of Arkham has spawned so many great ideas from the community as to how to expand this game further - you guys are all awesome!

Indeed. The expansion is mindbending and you can tell that a lot of time and effort went into designing it. The gameplaly has tightened so much. I think this is one of the best things FFG has ever released.

Certainly not merely "a more of everytihing expansion" like many are, but a fresh redesign that opens up so many possibilities. It's brilliant.

Edited by zealot12

If you want to give a look, here's the report of my latest play. It's a good way to show how strategy can win over an incredibly bad setup (and also shows the level of depth the game reached)

I bought it last week, did a few try outs this weekend and had the chance to play it with a game group (so we were with 5). It was absolutely fantastic. I love it very much, the difficulty is not necessarly higher than UF but penalties/rewards are more to the extreme, with Mythos and Events that have very negative and positive solutions, so certain situations can escalate quickly somehow ... I love that there are more Item Cards that can be used for other players (more co-op)

the complexity of the game is more towards AH, it's much easier to overlook temprary rules or (dis)advantages, but setup and play or so much quicker than AH, still a personal favorite

I value the card expansions of AH the same as the board ones, so I'd love to see a King in Yellow expansion for this game! :-)

If you want to give a look, here's the report of my latest play. It's a good way to show how strategy can win over an incredibly bad setup (and also shows the level of depth the game reached)

Nice win!

I have a weakness for Sister Mary, so I'm a bit proud that she had a hand in the final stage :-)

I fancy these sessions, I do not play AH often but wanted to note down all adventures of my character in one session to see what story there is, now it can be done with ES as well, a challenge for this year perhaps!

This session is a 10-day story full of events and interactions

Thanks for taking the time to read it :)