In Line of Sight?

By Soapy, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Hi guys!

We started the campaign today and this situation occured:

2q8ipwyb.jpg

If I apply the line of sight rule as I understood it from the rulebook the stormtrooper has line of sight on Gaarkhan.

My girlfriend, who played the Rebels, was like: "Yeah, sure. You can shoot through walls now?"

So Line of Sight: yes or no? If not, why? :)

You have LOS to both Fenn and Gharken because you can draw uninterrupted lines as you have in the above image

yes, legal line of sight. you can perfectly draw 2 non intersected lines from one corner in stormtrooper space to 2 adjacent corners of the target's space

You have line of sight as per example and rules in LTP p. 6 AND the examples laid out on p. 26 in the RRG.

Written rules on p. 16 of RRG do not object to your example. Line-of-sight CAN be traced through an open corner.

Yes, it was in LOS. See the back of the Rules Reference Guide (RRG) for several examples.

This is not the weirdest example. You are not shooting through the wall, the stormy is leaning to the left and shooting around it.

Alright, thank you guys!

But I can understand her point. It's a weird shot considering the figure placement.

Alright, thank you guys!

But I can understand her point. It's a weird shot considering the figure placement.

In all minis games it helps to not look at the table and think "this is exactly what is happening". It is a game where the figures represent an abstraction of a general situation. If you think of it that way, this completely makes sense.

The two rebels are coming into the hallway intersection and the stormy is deliberately looking around the corner for them. How would we represent that on a 2-d board? Exactly what you took a picture of.

This is what all rules questions should look like!!!!!

This is what all rules questions should look like!!!!!

Indeed. The picture helped A LOT to understand the question! :)