RTL+well of darkness questions

By oren2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

hi everyone.

i have the core set+wod expansion.

1) treachery cards- one of them let you treat a treasure chest as an ogre. if the chest is located near the wall and all the heroes are near it, how can i activate it? even if only one hero stands near the chestit can be difficult to place the ogre, since you dont have free spaces.

2)RTL-how do you keep track of how many xp you can use during the game. i know that in the end of every session you record every thing on a sheet. but lets say the OL has 83 xp (and he bought an upgrade for 25 xp) and the heroes have 64 xp. if the OL buys an upgrade how do the group remember how many xp were spent in the end of the session? the xp is represnted by tokens?

1) I don't believe the point is to actually replace the chest with an ogre; I've always seen it as a single-space ogre. That said, I think the details of the Mimic card specify placing the chest in an adjacent space, so in this case it would be the nearest space you could use.

2) Just keep a notepad indicating how much you've spent as you go.

oren said:

2)RTL-how do you keep track of how many xp you can use during the game. i know that in the end of every session you record every thing on a sheet. but lets say the OL has 83 xp (and he bought an upgrade for 25 xp) and the heroes have 64 xp. if the OL buys an upgrade how do the group remember how many xp were spent in the end of the session? the xp is represnted by tokens?

I just write it down as "Total / Unspent". For example: 173 / 54.

Some people find it helps to distinguish between Conquest and XP (ie. the overlord has 130 conquest, 15 XP/ the heroes have 200 conquest, hero A has 30xp, hero B has 15xp, hero C has 20xp, hero D has 40xp).

this sheet is great! just when you want to play more campaigns and don't want to put the cards in the boxes. i love this sheet :)