Dread Mandragoras Sector

By Cogniczar, in Dark Heresy Fan Art

Dread%20Mandragoras_1.png

Edited by Cogniczar

What a dreadful place to "live" ! ;)

Is it MandragoraS? I thought it was just Mandragora.

Lol,

Come on, no making fun of the background.

Heh, it even could be a joke on "Inquisition Redacted" if you think the redacted sector on one of the maps is mandrag-whatever.

Updated.

Yes, that heretical 's' tried to emerge from the warp, but luckily the Inquisition got here in time to redact it. XD

Updated.

Yes, that heretical 's' tried to emerge from the warp, but luckily the Inquisition got here in time to redact it. XD

I am the Inquisition!

Found this quote today while doing some reading on the Phaenonites:

The Death of Phaenon Prime

The Phaenonite Schism can be traced to a recent and specific point in space and time; the rebellion of the Vanderveken Trinity in 367.M39 during the bleakest periods of the Angevin Crusade. The Cluster was situated in an otherwise desolate area of space at the edge of former domains of the perished Madragora sector, along the Spinward edge of Ixaniad and what several bloody years later would be formerly recognized
as the Calixis Sector.
which means
segmentum_obscurus_positioning_map_by_so
Edited by Cogniczar

Definitely makes sense given the reports of Calixis heretics escaping there. Also somewhat in keeping with the maps, though given the way each sector in most maps looks smaller than the distance between sectors each one probably doesn't take up as much space as suggested.

Does leave an interesting conundrum for trade routes though. If it does, as the material suggests, sit there, paths between many of the major remaining sectors, and ships following them, are going to have to be routed way out of their way to avoid that mess.

Interesting that a sector of known worlds in between such major population centers has never been reclaimed. Hell, they went out of their way to claim Calix with a major crusade and just left Mandragora. Something No One wants to mess with must be there.

Does make me interested in this Threnos Zone thing. Wonder if there's any info on it.

Any words on DH2 moving everything back west of the Eye?

Edited by SirRunOn

Interesting that a sector of known worlds in between such major population centers has never been reclaimed. Hell, they went out of their way to claim Calix with a major crusade and just left Mandragora. Something No One wants to mess with must be there.

Possibly the 'Harrowing' and the Echoing vaults -might- have something to do with it. Or the rampant warp storms. Could just be blocked out for the time being.

Also Phaenonites. Zomg!

Any words on DH2 moving everything back west of the Eye?

Are you refering to the artsy, 'here be dragons' type map on page 303 of the rulebook? It's not really a good reference, and regardless, the general location hasn't really changed from North-West of the eye of terrror (which is not segmentum consuming as this map would have you believe).

Edited by Cogniczar

Also Phaenonites. Zomg!

Oooooh, I think I just found new "friends" for the Dark Mechanicus of Dinamo. If I can keep them from killing each other.

Edited by SirRunOn

The Black Run - illegal underground trade that skirts behind the Imperial laws to turn a profit.

dread_mandragora_black_run_by_somewhathe

Edited by Cogniczar