How does the "Command" Action of Gideon Argus work?

By Soapy, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Hi guys!

The action stats:

"Choose another friendly figure within 3 spaces. That figure may interrupt to either perform 1 move or 1 attack."

So how exactly does that work? I know what interrupt means, that's in the rules guide.

But here Gideon needs to take an action to use command. So it needs to be his activation ongoing. Does that mean that I interrupt Gideons turn to allow another Rebel figure make a move or attack? I think phrasing doesn't support that interpretation. So is another Rebel figure given a free interrupt to use when this figure is activated? Is it a free move / free attack? This doesn't make an awful lot of sense though.

Please enlighten me. :)

When you use Command the target must use the interupt immediatly

But this it a free move/attack for this figure and doesn't count towards that figure's two actions for this round's activation (if choosing to attack)?

Edited by Soapy

Yes :) View it has he "tranfers" one of his actions to another player

it's similar to the Imperial Officer's Order. (they give a free move to a friendly figure)

You use your Gideon's action and interrupt to give another friendly figure a free move or a free attack. it doesn't count to the limit of 2 actions for that figure. you can use it on figures you already activated to allow them to keep moving or attacking. Even if they attacked 2 times this round.

Alright! Thank you guys!