Wanted: Myths about Saint Pius

By ThenDoctor, in Only War

So I'm playing a priest who venerates Saint Pius, none of that filthy Persson stuff, and I would like some embellished stories to tell during sermons or battle for inspiration.

I mean there's the whole standing the line thing, but after that one story there's not much else.

Saint Pius retired from the Guard (mythical achievement right there...)

Saint Pius gave his life for the emperor directly. There needs nothing more to this awesomeness.

• St. Pius was already critically wounded by the time he reached the Emperor, but seeing his Emperor threatened by the traitor general gave him the strength to press forward.
  • Alongside the noble Space Marines, St. Pius fought his way through a hundred traitor Legionnaires. So skilled was the Saint at the art of war that he did not incur a single wound until facing down the arch-traitor.
  • Even as his body was brutally ravaged by the arch-traitor, St. Pius felt no pain, for he was filled with righteous anger.
  • St. Pius died smiling and content, for he was blessed with purpose and the presence of his Emperor.
  • The Emperor wept for St. Pius' and his noble sacrifice, even as He Himself was mortally wounded.
  • As the Emperor ascended on the Golden Throne, so did St. Pius corporeal self dissipate in a golden shine.
  • The remains of St. Pius are interred in the Imperial Palace on Holy Terra, next to the other heroes who have fallen in its defence.
  • It is said that Guardsmen dying heroically on the field of battle may see the faded spirit of St. Pius saluting them.

Saint Pius retired from the Guard (mythical achievement right there...)

Heresy!

I think lynata just covered it. That's some good stuff.

Just recycle Chuck Norris jokes for something more light hearted

The point of Saint Pius is that he isn't a superhuman. He's just a regular dude that stood up to Horus.

St. Pius was one of the few mortals to wound a Primarch during the battle of Terra!

The point of Saint Pius is that he isn't a superhuman. He's just a regular dude that stood up to Horus.

St. Pius was one of the few mortals to wound a Primarch during the battle of Terra!

Oh boy You might not want to read certain Horus Heresy novels if you think Pius was just a normal guy .

none of that filthy Persson stuff

Fairly certain Robin this thread was started off with the intentional disregard for the new tacked on version of good ol' Pius. Saint Pius will always be the human hero rightfully honored by the Imperium of Man

Yup. I've no idea what they were thinking when they came up with that stuff. Then again, this pretty much applies to the entire novel series.

Dammit, there's a reason it's called myths . Myths are not to be taken literal! :P

I already know Robin, it's a good thing I consider the Hours Heresy series a load of bullocks anyways.

Now me for myself i like the novels, But i'm not gonna defend a perpetual christian standing up to horus, waving a crucifix and going "vade retro satanas!" to save the emperor. (Unless Horus did that "what is a man' speach from castlevania- that would be awesome!)

So myth about human guardsman fighting along the big E, it is then!

Yep. He wasn't no Terminator, or a Custodian. Nor was he some self-reviving perpetual. He was one of the most devout Imperial Army soldiers the Imperium ever known, and in my headcannon movie of 40k, he's played by Jason Statham

... And lo St. Pius said unto the arch traitor Horus "Striketh me down if thou must but thou shalt not lay thine hand upon thy father as thou hast done to thine brother." And he spread his arms wide as the wings of the Angel sanguinius. And St. Pius spake: "imperator, forgive me for i can do no more." And the beast Horus cleaved the body of St. Pius in twain. Where upon the Emperor spake, saying: "A mortal man can do no more than to place himself body and soul between the forces of chaos and the light of reason. Thou shalt be avenged."...

From "The Gospel of St. Pius". M33. Rediscovered by adept Omegon Graves.

"Where I fall ten more shall take my place! And one-hundred each of them! So strike me down! I am the harbinger!"

I believe were his last words.

That or:

Except louder.

Secondarily wasn't he supposed to be the last catholic not christian?

Hail Hydra?

Hail Hydra?

Yeah that was my first reaction to. But I think Thendoctor meant the imperial guardsmen following In Pius' footsteps. Either that or he implied Pius was an Alpha legion inflitrator. (You know what? I'll go with the AL option- Hail Hydra!)

It's about the fact that there's a never ending of guardsmen to throw at a problem. kill one and and you'll just have more to deal with.

In the end it's better to just corrupt them and turn them to chaos.

Volscani Cataphracts ftw!

It's about the fact that there's a never ending of guardsmen to throw at a problem. kill one and and you'll just have more to deal with.

Kill one and two more will take his place! Hail Hydra! *Ten thousand boots crash together at attention!* ;) :P

Not a myth, but I cribbed a sentiment/catechism/motto from the all guardsman party: "In the name of Olanius Pius, why is everything OUR job?!"

Saint Pius was seven feet tall killed men by the hundreds and if he were here he would consume the traitors with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his...What do you mean that sounds like a psyker hes a Saint he cant be a psyker you heretical trash BLAM!!! anyone else have any theological questions? no? Well lets go gut some traitors boys charge!!!