My painted Minis

By jonboyjon1990, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Got Descent back in September, after an extensive look at different dungeon crawlers. Been happy with it so far - although work's got in the way of us doing a full campaign. Silver lining is that they'll be all nicely painted for when we do get some games in.

I put an emphasis on doing an effective, tabletop 'board game' worthy paintjob. The sculpts are at a slightly smaller than 28mm scale and aren't of a quality to do better with ( with my skill level at least! ), plus it's 'only' a board game - not a minis game.

I wanted them to look good on the table. I exclusively used Games Workshop paints and their black primer. No fancy mixing, some paint thinning when needed. Brushes were just cheap ones from a craft store. For the Merriods, Elementals and Dragons I thought about trying some blending to get the more natural look - but I've never done it before and didn't want to mess them up or have to repaint, so I just used drybrushing - I think they turned out OK.

Although most of the eyes arent great - i'll be re-doing them.

Enjoy the album

Pretty sweet! I'm loving the look of your Merriods. I got the game back in October and have been painting my figures as well ( just have to finish up the dragons), and I agree that it looks so much better on the table when they are painted.

I really like your skeleton Minion, the rust fits perfectly.

Dragons are awesome

Hey, don't you want to share the Citadel paints you used to paint all your miniatures?