The Warhammer ConQast has Arrived!

By BuzzsawMF, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Pretty bad effort.

Apparently not familiar with the phrase "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all"

They are big boys, they asked in the show for comments and suggestions and I gave them.

I just get sick of all the podcasts being just card evaluations. I mean we all can read the cards. There is so much more a show like this could be doing, but no one (all not just these guys) have no imagination. I find it a real waste. I mean if you made the show longer then you could do both.

Anyway, I said my piece he took it like a man, what is the problem?

Edited by booored

Btw! If you guys ever go to discuss art and fluff combined with the game I would love to join. I feel the knowledge for decks is allready plentora in the Podcast but I always love discussing random stuff aswell.

Besides that looking at decklists and Cost balancing could be another really cool topic to discuss.

We would love to have you on for a segment about art and fluff!

If you would like to be on The ConQast feel free to contact us. We would love to host your tournament report, help you tweak your deck, or promote a tournament.

Fantastic idea, on another note, any plans for Streams/Youtube videos?

We are planning some stuff for Crucible at the end of this month. Would you want us to stream some of our games on octgn?

Would be asome to see some streams, always any vids are welcome. As for the fluff and such, just give me a PM. Im around for a talk :D

Im planning to do some of my own aswell but havn't found the time just yet.

Edited by Killax

Pretty bad effort.

Apparently not familiar with the phrase "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all"

Not everyone is going to dig the show. We know that. Even people saying bad/constructive criticism is still people talking about the show.so it is a win in my book. We have big plans for the show moving forward. We are getting our lore minicast up and running as well as working on some video content. So lots to be had in the future.

So far with only 2 episodes up the feedback has been fantastic.

Have you considered posting to iTunes? Free publicity to a really large number of people.

Have you considered posting to iTunes? Free publicity to a really large number of people.

They are indeed on iTunes! Just search for The Warhammer ConQast!

Excellent cast again! Will try to go deeper into it this evening. But keep up the great work guys!

I would like to get a discussion going based on some of the topics on the latest ConQast.

Warlock Destructor vs Black Guardian, which one is better? Is there room for both?

Who makes the best ally for each faction?

Exterminatus, is it worth it?

Crushing Blow, should it be played? what is cut to make room for it?

Edited by Taider54

I would like to get a discussion going based on some of the topics on the latest ConQast.

Warlock Destructor vs Black Guardian, which one is better? Is there room for both?

Taider54,

1) I have to go with your co-hosts here and say Warlock Destructor is better. He's good early game, really good mid game, and awesome late game. I think I heard on one of the other podcasts (or maybe yours) that he's worth about 3.5 resources. So after a while just dump him if you need. Plus, Eldar should be the masters of command and I've never played with or against him and someone was so low on $ that they just had to discard him.

2) Tough to say for many. I think AM ally best with Orks over SM. And I think SM ally best with Tau in most cases. I think right now Chaos is mostly better with Ork. And there's a case to be made that if you want Kith's choke ability to really work well then Eldar might be the best option.

3) Exterminatus - it's a tricky one. I generally don't run it with Ragnar. Maybe 1 or 2 with Cato, but just a maybe. I think the threat of just playing SM (or running one or 2 and using it as a shield so they know you have it) is enough to make your opponent think differently.

4) I love Crushing Blow (though maybe not with Cato). I can't recall what I took out of my Ragnar deck - maybe 1 No Mercy. Can't remember what my other 2 cards were that went out. I have a great story with Crushing Blow:

I actually pulled off a crazy combo with it that won me the game the other night: Situation: 2 planets left. His Eldorath was bloodied. He had all 3 Wraithguards at p1, 2 with ion rifles, plus wildrider. I had no units there but did have Brother Maxos at the last planet. He also had the 1-of signature support out. I had a handful of cards but strangely no units. I also had initiative this turn so I knew that if it went down to the next turn he could one shot my Ragnar and probably win there. He committed to one and I committed to two. I then used Blackmane's Hunt to move over to 1, dealing 2 to the bloodied Eldorath. He shielded with the sig. card, Mobility. I then played No Mercy, exhausting Maxos. I then played 2 Crushing Blows, so Eldorath had 4 dmg on him now. I had the Frostfang on Ragnar, so i swung for 4, game over. I realize the chances of all that going down the same way again will probably never happen but it was really nice to pull off!

All that said, what do I know. Your co-host Kingsley has like a bajillion game win streak going against me... ;)

Edited by sammann11

Warlock Destructor wins, hands down, it's the Command Icon that makes the biggest difference.

There can be room for both, but Bork'an Recruits or other DE 2 Costed drops do have Command and a body that's not that different from a 2/4, which often leads to the Black Guardians not being included.

- Straken: Orks

- Cotaez: I feel will be SM (unsure)

- Cato: Tau

- Ragnar: AM but Tau isn't that far off, it depends on match up plans.

- Shadowsun: Eldar

- Aun'Shi: (none) but Eldar because of Warlock Destructor

- Eldorath: Tau

- Baharroth: Tau but DE isn't that far off, it depends on match up plans.

- Kith: Eldar

- Urien: Eldar

- Zarathur: Orks

- Ku'gath: Orks

- Nazdreg: AM

- Zogwort: AM

Note: Most Eldar alliences are this way because of Warlock Destructor. Currently there is nothing even close to matching it in terms of Command AND Combat power for that cost.

Exterminators can be worth it, but isn't needed in order to make a good SM deck. I feel exact the same about Crushing Blow and Know No Fear.

It can be played but again I don't feel it's needed. As such I don't cut anything for it.

Note: The effect of Crushing Blow might change if we see a more Aggressive meta that needs to be handled more easily. An examplar card would be Tallarn Raiders + Staging Ground in AM or Orks, which in turn make it more usefull to destroy specific cards before going into the Combat Phase.

Guys,

Just listened to the latest episode - very nice stuff! Thanks for all the shout out love.

BuzzsawMF,

Glad you're still feeling the hurt on that doom . It was funny - earlier in the episode when you guys were discussing bullying at planet 1 I thought back to our game. Glad to know it hasn't left your mind either - haha

Taider54,

I am indeed a he (unlike Shafowsun). The "mann" in my user name is there because it's my last name, not to differentiate between Samuel and Samantha. As for being a fine young man, well, I'll take being called that any day of the week. I've been called far worse than fine and although I like to think of myself as still young, my daughter class me old all the time. I guess at 33 I should just call it good and buy a condo down next to Charles and Eric to go and die in! Also - Kalabyte Strike Team being complete ****: funniest part of the show.

Mann's gotta do what a Mann's gotta do.

Episode 4 is now live! Check it out here for download and hop on over to the ConQast Facebook page to check out the exclusive spoilers!

New episode is up!

http://www.cardgamed...r-fashion-r1351

In episode 6 of the Warhammer ConQast, your hosts Tyler, Eric, Davis and Charles go over the newly spoiled Warlords, discuss the upcoming regional in Palm Bay, FL, and Eldar fashion. A mystery guest will show up to defend the honor of Urien Rakarth. Enjoy!

Also, sound quality is hopefully much better.

Check out the Facebook page:

https://www.facebook...conqast?fref=nf