Thinking about purchasing all the Hero/Monster packs...

By gameboymaster01, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

I've collected everything made for Descent since the first edition. I even bought the conversion kit for the second edition. And all the expansions. And all the lieutenant packs. And the co-op packs. I just love Descent! Other than the newer figures, is there any real reasons to buy these since I already have the conversion kit and all the 1st edition figures??? :)

Each of the collections contain a new rumor quest. So if you want these...

its a complete set thing. so i say yes.

If you want to "complete" your collection of D2E, do it. As I'm sure you've noticed, there isn't a good way to store the game and buying the Monster\Hero packs would only make that harder. Putting that aside, having the extra monsters to choose from is quite nice.

Well most of Descent 1ed. minis look like garbage compared to H&M versions. And well you can allways use diffrent sculpts as stronger version of monster etc. Hero and monster packs are in my opinion better expansions than small boxed ones.

Well most of Descent 1ed. minis look like garbage compared to H&M versions. And well you can allways use diffrent sculpts as stronger version of monster etc. Hero and monster packs are in my opinion better expansions than small boxed ones.

I disagree with that last part, but only really because I value hero and overlord classes more than heroes and monsters. The rumors are nice to have. In terms of storage, I've currently got all of the minis (and all lieutenant tokens, hero tokens, and class specific tokens) in 2 of these (you do have to modify one compartment for the shadow dragons, and probably another for crypt dragons) the tokens for map things in one of these , all of the cards fit in the Lair of the Wyrm box, and all of the map pieces fit in the base game box.

Edited by Zaltyre

I'm using somthin very simmilar to yours plano boxes but in suitcase style and with removable trays inside(small red ones are perfect for tokens)-its called Norp 16- it holds all cards(sleeved in mayday premium sleeves) for core,labirynth,trollfens and one monsterpack i have-and all tokens on one side of the suitcase-in the second i did manage to put all the map tiles(took out all the trays). I dunno if its aviable outside Poland market.Monsters are stored on sponge fitted base game box. I want to buy second one to fit everything with LT and rest of expansions in two containers-one for map tiles, second for rest of paper stuff and dices,doors etc:)

PROSPERPLAST-NORP16DUO-Organizer-skrzynk

Thank you guys! Very good info! And I store everything in a gigantic fish/tackle storage box ( This ). Works like a charm. :)

photo1_zpsb9a96a9b.jpg

I can't speak to whether the H&M collections are worth cuz I never owned 1st Ed but as far as storage goes, this is what I put together for figures. It has a DIY manual labor aspect to it but the containers stack well and its really easy to get the figures in and out.

photo1_zpsb9a96a9b.jpg

I can't speak to whether the H&M collections are worth cuz I never owned 1st Ed but as far as storage goes, this is what I put together for figures. It has a DIY manual labor aspect to it but the containers stack well and its really easy to get the figures in and out.

I am curious how deep the cut is into the foam on the bottom? In other words, how much of the mini is actually below the level line of the top of the foam? Do the minis tip over, or will they remain up right, even if the container is tilted?

Is there enough "grip" so that if you tipped the container upside down, all of the minis would remain in place?

Just curious.

photo1_zpsb9a96a9b.jpg

I am curious how deep the cut is into the foam on the bottom? In other words, how much of the mini is actually below the level line of the top of the foam? Do the minis tip over, or will they remain up right, even if the container is tilted?

Is there enough "grip" so that if you tipped the container upside down, all of the minis would remain in place?

Just curious.

There is 2 layers of foamboard held together with seamstress pins and the bottom is glued to the container. For the top layer of foamboard I simply traced the outline of each figure and then cut them out with a craft knife. The cutting out of each circle was tedious but other than that, it was a pretty simple process

I've never actually tested to see if they would stay in if the container was flipped so I can't really say. My guess is some would fall out. Maybe if I had made each circle slightly smaller than what was required for the figure, they would be sufficiently wedged in and unable to fall out...

My biggest problem is the tiles...used ziplock bag, but took quite a bit of time to set up and keep.

I have the tiles in ziplock bags by 10s. I've seen them in hanging folders or binders that way, as well.