Agenda Card : Weakness Revealed

By Baer, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

I was just wondering how long does the Hero suffer from this. It doesn't say until the end of the round or the chosen heros activation, only to deplete the card tat the end of the round. Buts that just to not get more then one use per Mission in my opinion.

So if it doesn't say that the lasting effect ends at a specific time, it doesn't end at unless the mission ends?

I think it should only last for one round, because you must deplete the card and the RRG says under deplete:

When a card is depleted, it is flipped facedown and cannot be used for the remainder of the mission. At the end of each mission, all depleted cards are flipped faceup.

I know this is not conclusive and I can see your point, but from my feeling, if it would count for the whole mission I think you would not deplete it and it seems rather strong if it would last the whole mission for every mission. But maybe somebody has more insight.

Well in my Opinion it gets depleted so you can't use it on more then 1 Hero each Mission

Okay, but how is this given by the rules? I know from A Game of Thrones LCG that they proposed an ability with a card that , played correctly, could not be done at all.

Edit:Who can I ask for clarifications regarding the Rules of IA officially at FFG?

Edit 2: Found the Contact Page and send it to them.

Edited by Baer

Once a card is depleted, the card is no longer in effect.

The rules for depleted state:

When a card is depleted, it is flipped facedown and cannot be used for the remainder of the mission. At he end of each mission, all depleted cards are flipped faceup.

"Deplete" RRG, Page 10

So for Weakness Revealed, as soon as you start a round, you would choose a hero, apply the affect of Weakness Revealed for the duration of that round, and then the effect terminates once the Weakness Revealed becomes depleted (at the end of that round).

Edited by Fizz

Still not sure about this. The RRG states nothing about lasting Effects of Depleted Cards.

Yes the RRG says you can no longer use it. But the use was to initiate the lasting Effect. I don't use it every time the effect modifies the dice result.

You're over thinking this. Once a card is flipped over there are no lasting effects. The card stays face up during the turn you use it, and only becomes depleted (turned face down ) at the end of the round.

So:

1) Start of round.

2) Use Weakness Revealed, target hero suffers effects this round.

3) Rebel player and Imperial player exchange activations as normal. (Targeted hero is affected for the entire round)

4) End of round, deplete the card. (Targeted hero stops being affected by the card per the Depleted rule).

Edited by Fizz

once you use the card, you activate its text and the effect is applied as long as the card keeps activated. at the end of the round, once the card is depleted and "deactivated", and depleted rule says "cannot be used", the effect it applies is applied no more. so the effect on the targeted Hero is over at the end of the round.

After concentrating my attacks on one hero yesterday I can see that it would be too powerful if it would last the whole mission.

I still don't see it rulewise, the card doesn't state that the effect lasts until the end of the round.

But maybe I'm just too used to complex rules and a big FAQ because of all these years with the Game of Thrones LCG....

You must unlearn what you have learned.

Trust us.

Officials answered today and you guys are correct. I really need to simplify my thinking for these rules :D