I am requesting advice/discussion around creating a Duelist

By DevonDs101, in General Discussion

Hello,

I am part of a new Force and Destiny game that started just before Order 66. We are all washed out Jedi's in training who were conned into joining a "Master" (He'd been kicked out) for a second chance.

My character is a Makashi Duelist. I really want to focus on him as a duelist with a strong sense of duty. Not necessarily in an OP kind of way but really reflect the dedication to the Art of Makeshi as a path to inner knowledge.

The GM is giving us a free specialization to reflect our time between washing out and joining him, (I've only just discovered the 4 Jedi Service Corps)

I am curious about peoples suggestions. I love Chargen and listening to peoples ideas.

well, makashi are flashy, so you will want a species with good presence, and to bump it up. I would also recommend a rank in force exile. it reflects your back story.

If you are using the Service Corps and wanted to play a Jedi initiate who washed out into one of them, there are many ways you could go. Force Sensitive Exile is a good catch-all, but you can certainly get more specific. Doctor, Medic, Scout, Survivalist, Scholar, Scientist, Mechanic, even Pilot of Driver—any of these and more could be used to help flesh out your story.

There is, of course, the idea of synergy. If you're going into Makashi Duelist, you will most likely want a high Presence rating, as miishelle pointed out. There could be some use to be had from the Politico or Ambassador on that front.

Just because you are a user of that style doesn't limit you to presence; there is always brawn (which to me, reflects all things physical, excluding coowadination) so if you wanted to, say be an archetype that isn't a face, then that alternative is avaible. A person with a lack of flask that is made up for by physical conditioning. Long as you don't mind paying the 10 point text.

Otherwise, aside from being a glow rod swinger what do you envision your character to be? What does he do for a living e.c.t