Betrayal of Darth Revan in FaD

By tehjburz, in General Discussion

Hey all,

I'm going to be GMing a certain other game system at an upcoming local con, but I have a slot open in my schedule. I run an AoR game weekly, so I'm familiar with the FFG SW system.

I love Force and Destiny and I want to be able to show it off a bit at this con to get people excited about it. I've already run the adventure in the beta book and have no interest in running it again.

I'm considering simply converting the Saga Edition adventure, The Betrayal of Darth Revan , to the FaD system, since I love it and the time period, and it's a great one-shot.

Having said that, I'd love your opinions on the following:

1. Has anyone already converted it? Given the popularity, I would have thought so - but my search came up empty.

2. Are there any user-created one-shots that you'd recommend instead?

3. Could I potentially get in trouble for converting it and making it freely available?

4. Any other thoughts on the conversion?

Peace is a lie,

Burek

I would absolutely love to do a conversion of this! Especially the player pregens.

I would imagine the only thing really to be done is to alter the DCs and the NPC statblocks.

I'd be down to do some work on this, if someone else organized the effort!

I've actually decided to write my own adventure for the Con, opening with Order 66 and then a flash-forward to the situation under the Empire.

Having said that, I'd be happy to collaborate on converting the module, and converting the characters was the least-interesting task for me, honestly.

I've actually decided to write my own adventure for the Con, opening with Order 66 and then a flash-forward to the situation under the Empire.

Having said that, I'd be happy to collaborate on converting the module, and converting the characters was the least-interesting task for me, honestly.

This still has my interest. I can do the PC conversion if someone(s) else would like to take NPCs and other named skill checks & DCs (DCs should be pretty easy to do; Easy is 10, Average is 15, Hard is 20, etc...but it's nice to give some thought to them and make sure the skills & difficulties translate well across systems).

Can one pass me a link to the the material?

Edit: Found it. Nothing to see here. Move along. Move along.

Edited by kaosoe

This might be a fun thing to run at GamerNationCon 2015...

I wonder if I still have my copy of this...

I am very curious to know if anything ever came of this. I am planning on writing a campaign (of currently unknown length) about a character who believes themselves to be Revan reincarnated (via Grandious Delusional Disorder...yes, it's a real thing) and her flagship is going to be a Sith Interdictor salvaged Ratatak Prime. But to make it really work, I need stats for the Sith Interdictor and such featured in this campaign. I thought about just using Star Destroyer and Tie Interceptor stats but...

You're probably best off doing just that, using the stats for the Imperial-class Star Destroyer and TIEs for the Sith Interdictor and Sith fighters, though perhaps with one less damage on the various weapons, and reduce the speed and handling by one, provided the Sith ships are the original models and haven't undergone a drastic overhaul to bring them up to "modern" tech standards.

For the Revan wannabe, I'd say go with the Inquisitor rules using the Warlord skill set, but feel free to add at least one extra talent and ability depending on how much of a badass you intend her to be.

Edited by Donovan Morningfire

Alternatively, you could just use an Interdictor-class Heavy Cruiser from the AoR core book.

(These are the abbreviated stats)

Sil 7

Speed 2

Handling -2

Shields: 3/3/3/2

Armor 5

HTT 75

SST 65

Ship's compliment: 2807 officers, pilots, and enlisted crew

Starfighter Compliment 24

Passenger capacity 6

Hardpoints: 0

Weapons:

5 x Dorsal, 5 x ventral, 4 x port, 4 x starboard, and 2 x aft Turret mounted quad laser cannons (Firing Arc Forward or Port and Forward or Port and Starboard or Aft; Damage 5; Critical 3; Range [Close]; Accurate 1; Linked 3)

The firing arc description is very poorly written.

Where can i find this adventure.