Are 3 people enough?

By JPierson, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

Question- I'm thinking about running some WFRP with three people total, a GM and two players. Is this doable with only three people? Thanks all!

I would say yes. I actually might prefer it to four people and five is right out. The fewer players there are, the more each player has to participate and less spotlight hogging occurs. I have run a couple of one-off adventures with only two players and it has worked at least as well as with three players. You just need to make sure to adjust the difficulty to the party, but this depends a LOT on what they are playing anyway. Two combat characters can handle way harder combat encounters than 3 or even four social characters.

Yes, it works really well. I've played WFRP with only 2 players and me as a GM, worked as a charm. Two players makes both players involved all the time, which is great!

3 definitely works. Heck, I wish I could find as many local players to get together with!

3 works just fine. I have 4 players just now and that works too, but actually this is one of the RPG's I feel work best with 3.

3 is a sweet spot, 4 can be fine, more an issue.

2 I think depends more on style of game. The more roleplay/investigative great, also the more each player is a contributor as opposed to a silent partner or spin-offer. I see players as active contributor types no problem being "on stage", ones who don't like to walk out on stage first but once someone else opens up something they dive in, and ones that are more background sorts. In 2 you need both to be fairly active.

Ok cool, I'm glad I'm getting this kind of feedback. I've learned over the years (for me anyhow) that 4 players total (1 GM and 3 players) is like an ultra sweet spot, just enough to keep everyone involved. But I've never tried just 2 players, or this system, so I just wanted to get a little insight. Thanks everyone!