Dark dealings (new preview)

By Julia, in Elder Sign

Here the news. It came quite unexpected (the former preview was released only one week ago), but it's nice to see some more :)

Ah Patrice, easy mode AH, looks like little changes in ES. I'm thinking the limited Clue pool will actually start running out now.

I really like that the memberships are more directly tied to important successes/failures in the game. Also glad to see that the blessed/cursed dice will be used in the game as well!

This expansion might really tip Elder Sign into a whole new game. Its always been really flexible so I hope new expansions will start stretching what can be done with the game.

Really nice. I'm looking forward to this expansion.

I wonder about the split reward/penalties- do players get to choose which reward/penalty they want to get?

I understand that they split the rewards to let players that don';t have Unseen Forces to enjoy this expansion,

but I wonder how much of this is balanced.

I mean, choosing between suffering a Curse and summoning a monster doesn't really equate to advancing Doom. Though obviously, it depends on the situation.

It feels and plays like a very different game. It depends a lot, I think, on what it is you want to be doing in a game. There's still lots of dice rolling so if that's the mechanic you want driving the game then you're fine. You're going to see a wild change in difficulty, but not an impossible one. If narrative is what you're into then it does change quite a bit with the new cards. It feels almost like a soft reboot in a way.

With Rules :)