They made a game on this?

By HolyDragonCloud, in Beowulf: The Movie Board Game

Wow...why? didn't the movie, like, stink? Must be some fun idea someone came up with

The movie was bad, like the new bond or even worse. The game is great and now to have on a very good price in this holiday sale by FFG!

i thought there are worse movies out there by far...

Beowulf was pretty bad. So creating a board game on it that's not Monopoly was done why?

Why are there 2 different ones for the movie and the "Legend" one?

Beowulf: The movie board game is not related to Beowulf: The legend. It's just a remake of kingdoms. Supposed to be a very good one too! I ordered mine from the holiday sale.

13th warrior was alright...Antonio Banderas!!

TheChampIsHere said:

Why are there 2 different ones for the movie and the "Legend" one?

Movie covers the event in the movie (duh)

Legend covers all the legends about him.

Hey now, the movie wasn't that bad. Neil Gaiman had a hand in it, so it's impossible to be horrible. ;)

Kennon said:

Hey now, the movie wasn't that bad. Neil Gaiman had a hand in it, so it's impossible to be horrible. ;)

And yet it was pretty darn awful. Eragon was better and I dispise that movie because they killed it.

Since the game is based on Kingdoms, it's probably better than the movie!

I am pretty sure that the quality of a given game is in no way dependent on the media that they are based on. ;o)

I actually didn't mind the movie. The story was pretty straight forward, and CGI Angelina Jolie was still win.

Antigoth said:

and CGI Angelina Jolie was still win.

heh, I second that ;)

but still, it's a very bad movie and I really don't get it why was that game released.

I haven't seen the movie but have been told that it was pretty bad. However, I do like the game. My game club bought it for $5 during the holiday sale FFG had. But I was a little puzzled as to why they named it Beowulf: The Movie Board Game. The only thing that even remotely has to do with the movie seems to be the artwork. I guess I was expecting something more trivia like, based on the name of the game. Something like LOTR: Trivial Pursuit, which actually deals with stuff from the movie, and doesn't just have pretty artwork from the movie.