Slaanesh debauchery...(viewer discretion is advised)

By Var Zhul, in Black Crusade

So, without going into too much detail for the younger audiences...

What do you think constitutes as 'debauched, sickening and otherwise abhorrent' as per Slaaneshi worshipping is concerned.

To me, much of the acts that games worship comes out with seems pretty tame. Flaying and skin wearing is pretty brutal, but either I'm jaded to it, or it's just not exciting enough. Then you have the pirate prince campaign in the Tome of Excess, but even then, nothing is excessive to the point of revulsion. It's just extravagant.

Please hit me with your ideas. Pain and fear mongering ring seem the mundane of Slaaneshi worship. Without going into detail on the public forums, for the children of course...

Zoë : You never heard of Reavers?
Simon : Uh, campfire stories - men gone savage on the edge of space, killing...
Zoë : They're not stories.
Simon : What happens if they board us?
Zoë : If they take the ship, they'll **** us to death, eat our flesh and sew our skins into their clothing. And if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order.

Switching the orders there seems interesting. >.<

I've always preferred the ambitious perfectionism slant on Slaanesh. When you get to 1000 Days of Sodom levels in your RPG, you're at the point where, usually, your gaming group tells you to please leave.

Slaanesh worshipping comes in many guises and only a small part of it is hedonistic revelry and lust. Some of it is just overindulgance, greed or the lust for perfection. The obsessed craftsman worships just as much as the demented sadist or the bloated glutton stuffing his face with fine foods.

Sometimes I think that Slaanesh is portrayed as too over the top, well, at least in certain ways. When ever I seem to read anything about Slaanesh, it always involves killing and torturing it seems like. Books seem not to just describe sex, but rather some kind of ecstatic agonizing death that results when ever anything Slaanesh related touches you. I think there should be less death and violence associated with Slaanesh and more excessive pursuit of pleasure.

Not that Reaver style violence doesn't occasionally have its place, but I think when it comes to Slaanesh it's been overdone and has lost a bit of its bite. Also, killing people ends sensation, so it really should be a last resort for Slaanesh worshipers. To shock people with the excesses of Slaanesh, try something different.

There are entire planets full of Slaanesh worshipers, entire cultures of them, huge groups that span generations. Imagine, if you will, Slaanesh worshipers who have children. Modern civilization has such a huge taboo against children and sex, in a more mature campaign using this topic can freak people out more than overt death, violence, or torture. They're called the Aristocrats.

One way you can show debauchery is by taking something that may not seem so extreme in moderation and show someone who has dedicated his or her existence to that thing. A drug addict who hasn't gotten out of bed in years, who lives in a drug induced haze with IV's attached. A willing sex slave who lives constantly at a master's beck and call. Imagine your favorite thing to do and think about how creepy it might be to lose your self to that thing completely. For kinky sex stuff - the entire internet is at your disposal - find something that is really weird but not actually illegal and imagine a person completely living that fetish.

Problem is, snuff seems to be the mundane, flesh walkers, hoarders of gear and treasure, gluttonous fat lords and champions, charismatic corruptors of men and Xenos alike, proud and arrogant warrior kings. All mundane.

I guess im looking for different ideas. I know skinwalkers are common enough cults in chaos (imagining Slaaneshi/Khornate cults), but I enjoyed reading about the idea of the man who wears outrageous outfits made of anything/everything.

Think beyond our confines of murder, desires of the flesh and gluttony my friends! Help me with ideas as I am lazy and otherwise occupied currently!;D + sharing ideas between us can only benefit our groups.

Problem is, snuff seems to be the mundane, flesh walkers, hoarders of gear and treasure, gluttonous fat lords and champions, charismatic corruptors of men and Xenos alike, proud and arrogant warrior kings. All mundane.

I guess im looking for different ideas. I know skinwalkers are common enough cults in chaos (imagining Slaaneshi/Khornate cults), but I enjoyed reading about the idea of the man who wears outrageous outfits made of anything/everything.

Think beyond our confines of murder, desires of the flesh and gluttony my friends! Help me with ideas as I am lazy and otherwise occupied currently!;D + sharing ideas between us can only benefit our groups.

Outside the box you say? Alright.

Image a worshiper of Slaaneshi that adores the beauty of Chapter standard Flags. Think of a historical expert of any major war (Look at the obsessed experts of World Wars 1 & 2 and the American Civil War) and instead of just one war you have a guy obsessed with Space Marine Chapters and their flags. This obsession is taken to the extreme in that the Worshiper wants to collect as many of these Chapter Standard Flags as possible and is perfectly willing to unleash the absolute warp on worlds with the sole intention of luring Space Marine chapters there so he can collect brand new flags to preserve and admire.

It isn't just loyalist chapters that he wants the flags of. He is just as likely to go out of his way to capture the flags of Chaos chapters as well. Rarer flags or flags with an impressive history will be slightly more important due to their value as collectors items. The chance to get his hands on a pre-heresy battle flag of another of the traitor legions would be worth condemning the souls of trillions of people to eternal suffering.

Of course, since Space Marines really don't like people stealing their flags, this guy would have to be a great fighter.

How deep do you really wish to look? How deep are the desires that you are seeking.

We are not interested in the experience but in the yearning, the want, the desire.

A man who has a larder full of food, his hands thick with fat, is not a true worshipper of Slaneesh. The one who kills him, roasts his body and uses it to feed the starving populace hammering outside his high walls is.

The man who covets his brother's happiness, the wife who seeks her beauty are the true secret cultists of Slaanesh. Often they are unaware of their descent into the realm of chaos worship until it's too late.

I's not our act of consummation. It was the dalliance. It was your empty promises. It was you lowering your inhibitions. It was your shyness turning to forcefulness. It was your single minded hunger consuming your very spirit. And when your want was complete, you turned to seek out the next. Now Slaanesh has entered your heart.

Edited by Chrysalis

Fairly hefty stuff but, in our most recent session, a Pirate Prince and his Slaaneshi Apostate friend decided to kidnap and

sodomize

Cardinal Morgan Falconer on a balcony (Hand of Corruption) that was overlooking the cathedral where the high mass was in progress, there they described their entire plan (a Grand Compact, 2 pages long) to him - while the group's "infiltrator" was posing as the Cardinal below and was riling up the horde of prisoners.

I've played two slaaneshi characters so far. Neither was very much into (sexual) debauchery... (well ok, maybe a few adeptus progenia pupils, but thats not the point. :) )

I figured space marines are made for combat, so a slaaneshi marine would seek out diferent ways of fighting and new weapons to kill in new and exiting ways. To Flavius the Exalted everything is marvelous and glorious, until a heartbeat later he tires of it and he grows weary and bitter until a new weapon or stimulus presents itself. (I also use this to bully my GM into giving my character more wargear.) I still hint at past deboucheries and atrocities. Even with the weapon's names:

"Childhood's End" (Power sword) and "Innocence's Ruin" (Plasma pistol) Yes, Flavius is a bit of a creeper.

The other one is a void pirate obsessed with colecting pistols. Because if figured excessive/obsessive colecting fits with slaanesh.

Whenever I hear talk of Slaaneshi debauchery, I always think of this band.

Edited: I removed the original video, for reasons of wishing to not get myself kicked off the forums, an easy thing to do when venerating Slaanesh...

Here is the song without the...uh...graphic content.

http://youtu.be/9TTwuAkIDPY?list=PLMEwYL8KA8WUxe3wL0-rKf7OzwZhSDuWg

If you want to know true Slaaneshi debauchery, look no further than the Dark Eldar, and all that they do. Remember also, at the heights of their excesses, Slaaneshi pleasures are such things that would be illegal to do, and controversial to even talk about, let alone write into fluff and publish (which is why much of it is mostly implied or very lightly touched upon). Use the darkest most perverse blackness of your soul to draw from, and you'll have good ideas of where to begin.

Edited by Crow Eye

A friend of mine, back in highschool, named his chaos space marine warband after them!

Edited by Robin Graves
Use the darkest most perverse blackness of your soul to draw from, and you'll have good ideas of where to begin.

Soooo, lock people in small rooms with Teletubby and Rosamunde Pilcher marathons running on the holovid?

A friend of mine, back in highschool, named his chaos space marine warband after them!

Ha! Nice! I don't doubt they were devoted to Slaanesh :D

The Gens are seriously the most Slaaneshi band I've ever heard (and seen with my own eyes), even if they probably have no idea who or what Slaanesh and WH40K are. If Gen were a 40K character, I'm pretty damned sure she'd have an apotheosis into a greater Daemonette eventually.

Use the darkest most perverse blackness of your soul to draw from, and you'll have good ideas of where to begin.

Soooo, lock people in small rooms with Teletubby and Rosamunde Pilcher marathons running on the holovid?

If that's what titillates you. Slaanesh is all about titillation ;)

Edited by Crow Eye

Now that I think on it, and take it a bit further, a Slaaneshi with a personality modled after Mister Rogers in demeanour mixed with a bit of Hannibal Lector could be truly horrifying.

Now that I think on it, and take it a bit further, a Slaaneshi with a personality modled after Mister Rogers in demeanour mixed with a bit of Hannibal Lector could be truly horrifying.

You had me at Mr. Rogers. :) You can't convince me that character wasn't suposed to be a serial killer!

And now you added Hannibal into the mix...

Could you be my neighbour, Clarrice?

*shudder*