Quick question about resting

By sunnymcduff, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Can a rebel player spend both actions on resting? Can anybody point me to the page in the rule book(s) that clarifies this? Thanks.

This was answered before, yes they can.

Can a rebel player spend both actions on resting? Can anybody point me to the page in the rule book(s) that clarifies this? Thanks.

From RRG page 3:

Actions:

• A figure can perform the same action multiple times during

the same activation except as follows:

-- A non-hero figure can use only one of its actions to perform

an attack per activation.

-- A figure can perform each special action only once per

activation.

And since "Rest" isn't a special action it follows that double resting is totally fine ;-)

From RRG page 3:

Actions:

• A figure can perform the same action multiple times during

the same activation except as follows:

-- A non-hero figure can use only one of its actions to perform

an attack per activation.

-- A figure can perform each special action only once per

activation.

And since "Rest" isn't a special action it follows that double resting is totally fine ;-)

Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for.

That Forensicus guy is good people.

:D

That Forensicus guy is good people.

:D

Even if he does look like Darth Vader!

:lol:

Pretty sure he is.

What about rebel allies using surges to recover damage? Is that something they can even do? Or is that an ability limited to heroes? Also, I would assume heroes can use multiple surges to recover multiple strains/damage, would that be correct?

Rebel allies cannot rest. Only hero figures can take a rest action. Allies do not have the innate ability to recover damage unless they have a special ability that states otherwise.

Reference

"Allies", RRG, Page 8

"Deployment Cards", RRG page 11

Surges can be spent only once, and abilities activated with surges can only be activated once per attack, regardless of the number of surges you roll. This is why you will sometimes find the same ability listed on a card twice.

A hero can recover up to 1 strain by spending 1 surge. Limit once per attack.

Reference

"Attacks". RRG, Page 6

Edited by Fizz

Excellent. That really sucks for recovering, but there it is in black and white.

We're all very glad you guys are willing to be our 'remote rules readers'. We really are a lazy bunch, aren't we? LOL

It may suck, but note that rebel allies *usually* don't count towards a "wound all heroes" Imperial victory condition.

And as for laziness: the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. ;)

It may suck, but note that rebel allies *usually* don't count towards a "wound all heroes" Imperial victory condition.

And as for laziness: the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. ;)

And then stopping to rest....

Bu you only recover up to your endurance...

oh, wait!

:P

LOL - yep, you're stuck. I have no endurance whatsoever. I have negative endurance. I'm taking damage out of the gate! :D

I am guessing by now the community knows my endurance is legendary.

Either that, or I have an ability to answer rules questions that does not cause strain.