Question about Nexu's Bleed Ability

By El_Tonio, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

The nexu's deployment card has the bleed special ability. When exacty does this kick in? For example, when it attacks does the target automitaclly take a bleed token? Or, does the attack have to hit for them to receive a bleed token.

Currently I'm thinking they take it regardless of if the attack succeeds or fails since no condition is stated (i.e., it is not preceeded by a special action, threat, surge, or strain symbol). But, it is quite possible I'm missing something somewhere.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

EDIT: See mobile on Probe Droid or +? Accuracy / +? block on several cards (like Rebel Saboteur or IG-88/Luke Skywalker respectively). These are things that just happen. I'm thinking the Nexu's bleed just happens when it attacks but am open to alternative explanations.

Edited by El_Tonio

If the Nexu attacks and deals damage, it automatically inflicts bleed.

RRG page 9:

• Conditions are sometimes used as keywords. When an attack uses a condition as a keyword, the condition is applied using the following rules:

- The target of the attack must suffer one or more [Damage] for the condition to apply.

- The condition is applied after the attack resolves.

- If it is a Beneficial condition, it is applied to the attacker. If

it is a Harmful condition, it is applied to the target figure

Also check the "Bleed" Condition Card itself

EDIT: See mobile on Probe Droid or +? Accuracy / +? block on several cards (like Rebel Saboteur or IG-88/Luke Skywalker respectively). These are things that just happen. I'm thinking the Nexu's bleed just happens when it attacks but am open to alternative explanations.

Yeah, but "Accuracy" and [block] are not Condition keywords