Open Groups in the Campaign.

By slaptac, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

When choosing the open groups, does the IMP player only get to choose from the grey IMP cards (Unless they earned an elite like Vader or whatever), OR can they also choose from the mercenary deck (Nexu or T. Hunters)?

Can't seem to find anything in the RRG about this.

You can choose any available Imperial or Merc card (regular or Elite), except for the Unique cards (Vader, Weiss, IG-88 and Royal Guard Champion) as those have special missions to unlock them as "Villians".

Reference:

"Mission Setup" RRG, Page 18:

-- Open Groups: He secretly chooses a number of Deployment
cards as listed in the “Open Groups” section and places
them in his hand.

»» He may choose any non-Rebel Deployment cards not
used in the initial or reserved groups. He cannot choose
an ally that he has not gained as a reward.

»» All Deployment cards not in initial, reserved, or open
groups are returned to the game box and not used during
this mission.

Edited by Fizz

»» He may choose any non-Rebel Deployment cards not

used in the initial or reserved groups. He cannot choose

an ally that he has not gained as a reward.

Under the mission set up. Of all the places I didn't look...goodness. BUT, you know those hunters will be part of the open groups from now on!

It's not very informative in the RRG, it is however in the Learn to Play Guide, pg. 11:

-- Open Groups: The Imperial player secretly chooses a number of Deployment cards as listed in the “Open Groups” section. These cards form a secret hand of Deployment cards and can be used to deploy figures to the map during the Status Phase (see “Threat and Deployment” on the right).

He may choose any [imperial] or [Mercenary] Deployment cards except unique cards (cards with a • before the name); unique cards must be earned as mission rewards before being used as open groups (see “Allies” on page 15).

Trandoshans are nice, but I like Royal Guard better. Give them a whirl if you haven't already! Besides, we don't need their scum!

Edited by Fizz

Trandoshans are nice, but I like Royal Guard better. Give them a whirl if you haven't already! Besides, we don't need their scum!

I have, and yes they also rock! My group of rebels do their strain attacks like crazy, so any unit I can get that will cause them to suffer more, will help me force them to re-think their plan!