Dead. Isn't it?

By xanferatu, in Mansions of Madness

In any case, the app is supposed to work with both 1st and 2nd

This is a bit misleading exaggeration. The app only works with the 2nd.

In any case, the app is supposed to work with both 1st and 2nd

This is a bit misleading exaggeration. The app only works with the 2nd.

In which you can merge elements and components from 1st edition (monsters, investigators and tiles). Agreed my wording could be misleading if previews had not been previously read tho. Sorry, I just wrote a quick answer since most of the threads around ask the very same things over and over again

Not dead but dreaming, 1e is the superior version, by the time everyone realizes it'll be too late. Guard your copy with your life lol

First Edition is definitely not dead. In fact, I am preparing a game as keeper right now. I do enjoy being the keeper. Knowing things the investigators don't, playing and controlling the monsters, and watching the players debate on what to do next gives a real satisfaction for me.

I also own Second Edition and will play as an investigator with my fellow players which is also very satisfying.

Both editions are very fun. Also, first edition is definitely more modular as I can create my own stories with all of the current components. Second edition does not allow me to do that. Yet.

> Also, first edition is definitely more modular as I can create my own stories with all of the current components. Second edition does not allow me to do that. Yet.

Actually you can:

https://github.com/NPBruce/valkyrie/wiki